Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2021 CX-30 S on 8/18/21.The car was brand new, only 4 miles on the odometer. The display says the vehicle is navigation ready.
I'm now on my 2nd Navigation card. The first one I bought from Amazon. I inserted it drove the car and nothing happened.
I purchased a second one from Ebay and inserted today. So far nothing is happening.
Both cards were numbered BDGF66EZ1B.
I checked to make sure both cards were unlocked. I drove over a hundred miles on both cards and nothing changed.
I'm on software 12006.
I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 i Sport - Sonic Silver
40 Posts
Try to connect to a PC and open (download first) Mazda Toolbox software, look if the app recognizes the VIN of you car. If so, means the car recognized it and wrote the VIN to the SD. If the Toolbox app does not detects the VIN means your car did not write the card.
In my case, the first time I had to put in and pull out once before it was recognized, parked and with nav opened.

I have the old part number, BDGF66EZ1, but is my understanding that the one ending in B is the new one and should be valid.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
I ordered the card today. Looking forward to following this and hopefully knowing enough when mine arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try to connect to a PC and open (download first) Mazda Toolbox software, look if the app recognizes the VIN of you car. If so, means the car recognized it and wrote the VIN to the SD. If the Toolbox app does not detects the VIN means your car did not write the card.
In my case, the first time I had to put in and pull out once before it was recognized, parked and with nav opened.

I have the old part number, BDGF66EZ1, but is my understanding that the one ending in B is the new one and should be valid.
I installed Mazda tool box on my laptop. I inserted both cards. Mazda tool box didn't recognize either one.
I contacted the Ebay seller he shipped me out a new card. Should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury Package
36 Posts
I installed Mazda tool box on my laptop. I inserted both cards. Mazda tool box didn't recognize either one.
I contacted the Ebay seller he shipped me out a new card. Should be here tomorrow.
Did the new card work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't receive it yet. The package I received was my replacement tile battery. I'll hopefully get it this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received it yesterday. Same thing it doesn't work. It's probably my sd slot. It's a catch 22 though. Dealership isn't going to look at it unless I buy a card from them.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
115 Posts
I'm replying without reading the whole thread, but have you made sure the little sliding "switch" on the SD card is in the correct position. When I first put my card in, I had misread the instructions and had moved it to the locked position and the Navigation wouldn't work. I've also had issues after removing the card for updating purposes and had to reinsert it a couple of times.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I got my card in the mail today. I inserted it and it took maybe one minute to boot up or whatever it does. The map showed up and was all correct. I haven't tried putting in a destination yet. I was able to change some settings etc. so I think all is well.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
115 Posts
Congrats! I'm guessing you already know a new map was released in the last week or so. When you update it, be patient as it takes quite a long time, first backing up the existing data, then downloading the new map data and finally installing the new map data on the SD card.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Actually I did not know that. Thanks. I just ordered a new computer with a built in SD slot so I'll probably wait until it arrives before trying an update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys a little confused about this thread. I just bought a new 2021 CX-30 premium and picking up on Thursday. I tried Apple CarPlay curing the text drive and it worked well. The car also has NAV but I need to purchase a NAV card for it to work? Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Hey guys a little confused about this thread. I just bought a new 2021 CX-30 premium and picking up on Thursday. I tried Apple CarPlay curing the text drive and it worked well. The car also has NAV but I need to purchase a NAV card for it to work? Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks.
I don't recall the order of trim level but I believe the very top trim comes with the SD card. It may not but I think it does. The rest you have to buy the card. I bought mine on Amazon for $40. I have the base S model because I wanted cloth seats and no sunroof. I now have NAV in my S. It took less than 1 minute after inserting the card for it to boot up and sync up and show me the map. I haven't "navigated" to anywhere with it yet but I have used it to look at the map and follow along around home. Best $40 I ever spent on a car.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 i Sport - Sonic Silver
40 Posts
Hi, Go to Nav menu in your car and if say that is Nav Ready, yes, you need to purchase the Navigation SD card to enable. It gives you 3 years of free updates. Regards

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
according to the Mazda US website the Mazda Navigation System is standard on:
  • Premium
  • Turbo Premium
  • Turbo Premium Plus

it is not standard (so you will require the SD card) on:
  • S
  • Select
  • Preferred
  • Turbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone picked up the premium yesterday and it didn’t have the SD card so I mentioned it to the salesperson and he got one from inside and loaded it for me.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD (red/black)
12 Posts
Hi, all!

I think that will be useful for some people here in the USA: looks like BDGF66EZ1B cards at the current point don't work in Mexico-made CX-30.

I've tried myself two cards from different sellers from Amazon with no success (CX-30 2021 Select) - and later I found in a number of threads that (at least as of 9/13/2021) those cards would work only at Japan-made cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, all!

I think that will be useful for some people here in the USA: looks like BDGF66EZ1B cards at the current point don't work in Mexico-made CX-30.

I've tried myself two cards from different sellers from Amazon with no success (CX-30 2021 Select) - and later I found in a number of threads that (at least as of 9/13/2021) those cards would work only at Japan-made cars.
Mine must have been made in Mexico. I've bought 3 cards, 2 from Ebay and 1 from Amazon. All 3 we're BDGF66EZ1B and didn't work. How can I tell if my car was made in Mexico and if so what card number do I need?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
Mine must have been made in Mexico. I've bought 3 cards, 2 from Ebay and 1 from Amazon. All 3 we're BDGF66EZ1B and didn't work. How can I tell if my car was made in Mexico and if so what card number do I need?
look on the sticker on the drivers door B pillar. All CX-30's sold in US and Canada come from the Mazda factory in Mexico.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD (red/black)
12 Posts
How can I tell if my car was made in Mexico and if so what card number do I need?
First char of VIN number: 3 - Mexico, J - Japan

About which card would work... No idea (would definitely like to know too!), but I've noticed that dealers here sell the item BDGF66EZ1C (last letter C), although, I don't see that model anywhere other than from dealers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts