Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! Dang not pretty sure now that it'll work for my 2020 Mazda cx30. It says 2019 navigation sd card on the ad. Is it easy to install?

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
Thanks! Dang not pretty sure now that it'll work for my 2020 Mazda cx30. It says 2019 navigation sd card on the ad. Is it easy to install?
As I mention, the card works for the Mazda 3 and the 2020 CX30, many other members here use the same card.
Here is a video on how to install the card. The video shows the 2019 Mazda 3 but the CX30 is the same. very easy to install.

2019 Navigation North America USA / Canada /Mexico

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. That's the one I bought for my 30.
Bought the BDGF 66 EZ21 from Ebay. Worked fine from day one. Decided to update to the Dec 2019 version. Took a while but did a backup first and then updated the SD card. Card not recognized by the Navigation system now. Plugged back into the pc and now getting prompted to reformat it. Tried to select the restore from the backup option on the screen but says "No drives selected". Asking me to connect a removable drive to the pc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bought the BDGF 66 EZ21 from Ebay. Worked fine from day one. Decided to update to the Dec 2019 version. Took a while but did a backup first and then updated the SD card. Card not recognized by the Navigation system now. Plugged back into the pc and now getting prompted to reformat it. Tried to select the restore from the backup option on the screen but says "No drives selected". Asking me to connect a removable drive to the pc. Any suggestions?
After you updated the card, did you check to make sure the card was not being written to and did you use the “Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media” to eject a plugged in USB flash drive instead of directly pulling it out to prevent any opened files from being corrupted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I blew it and bought the wrong dang SD card... I have a CX-30 Premium and bought a card from Ebay where the seller does not accept returns. I bought a BHP166EZ1J. When I put it in the car it does nothing whatsoever. One would think I'd at least get a message that it's not a valid card or something. I only paid $32... I should have searched for this thread before buying but ASSUMED anything that would work on any of the current Mazdas would be okay... I haven't plugged the card into my PC to see if there is anything on it or not... Any ideas would be appreciated - there was absolutely no instructions included. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
90 Posts
I think I blew it and bought the wrong dang SD card... I have a CX-30 Premium and bought a card from Ebay where the seller does not accept returns. I bought a BHP166EZ1J. When I put it in the car it does nothing whatsoever. One would think I'd at least get a message that it's not a valid card or something. I only paid $32... I should have searched for this thread before buying but ASSUMED anything that would work on any of the current Mazdas would be okay... I haven't plugged the card into my PC to see if there is anything on it or not... Any ideas would be appreciated - there was absolutely no instructions included. Thanks!
I’m sure you’ve already done so, but if not, make sure the card is not switched to the “lock” position.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
yes you got the wrong card, BHP166EZ1 is for the Mazda 6, CX-3, CX-5, (the old format) the correct one is BDGF66EZ1 - it will specify on where you buy one that it is for the CX-30

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes you got the wrong card, BHP166EZ1 is for the Mazda 6, CX-3, CX-5, (the old format) the correct one is BDGF66EZ1 - it will specify on where you buy one that it is for the CX-30
Thanks! I will reorder. I have a friend with a few year old CX-5 who I will see if he can use the card I can't. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
76 Posts
I received mine as well today. It works like magic. Next is to drive it for a while then update the maps. We shall see.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
48 Posts
I just ordered the same SD Card as well from eBay. I am coming form a CX-3 with Navigation. Does anyone know the difference if any between the CX-30 navigation & the CX-3? My SD card hasn't come yet for me to try.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
76 Posts
I’m gonna order another for my wife’s 30

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone know the difference if any between the CX-30 navigation & the CX-3? My SD card hasn't come yet for me to try.
They are not the same, they use different SD cards. The CX-30 uses an updated navigation system over the CX-3 & CX-5

41 - 58 of 58 Posts