Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Preferred
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning:

So I have been trying to get my navigation card (BDGF 66 EZ1 made by HERE) to work. After reading many positive reviews, I purchased one off of ebay. For some reason, when I insert the SD card nothing changes. By that, I mean the display remains the same - nothing happens. I reinsert, etc and the same. Nada. I inserted, then reinserted with the vehicle completely off, nothing.
Everyone else who posts about these cards say they just insert the card and, voila, a navigation system!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
185 Posts
Hmm, interesting 😔. I too bought mine off of eBay and having no issues. silly question though but if you hit the navigation button on the control knob what happens? And can you post the link to the one you bought off of eBay?

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
Make sure that the protection tab is not set to the protect position. It mentions this in the manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Mazdas with the new 8 inch monitor requires a different SD card than the older Mazdas.
I read that if the card is used for over 60 miles a code is written to the card and will only work on that card. May be BS but my salesman confirmed that but said he has seen a lot people buy SD cards off of eBay and have not had any problems. So my guess is if you buy a brand new one off of eBay it will probably work as long as it is the correct card.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks, but it is unlocked.
May you post a link to the one you bought off at eBay so we can try to figure out the issue? Almost everyone here who has the nav bought one off of eBay 😂 so we should be able to help more after seeing which one you purchased.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Preferred
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mazdas with the new 8 inch monitor requires a different SD card than the older Mazdas.
I read that if the card is used for over 60 miles a code is written to the card and will only work on that card. May be BS but my salesman confirmed that but said he has seen a lot people buy SD cards off of eBay and have not had any problems. So my guess is if you buy a brand new one off of eBay it will probably work as long as it is the correct card.
Well the card/part # I wrote down is the same as many other's have used. So I am assuming it is the correct part number.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That link you posted does not go to eBay. I would not recommend clicking on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you go into Settings and select "Navigation"? When I bought my car I was sitting in the car when the salesman got my SD card and it didn't work because it was the wrong one that the parts department gave him. They gave him one for the older Mazdas so he exchanged it for the correct one.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Preferred
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes sir, I selected Navigation. Tried it a few times.
I can't figure it out, either. Maybe I should just call Mazda, but as a last resort. I hate dealing with the dealerships anymore than I have to.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
I just got mine from Amazon Canada and it works great, now I just have to figure out all the features.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The CX-30 has an 8.8 lcd display. My brochure says it comes with the old 7 inch display. They require different SD cards. My brochure is incorrect so there is some confusion about which SD card is required. That's why my dealer initially installed the wrong SD card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This disclaimer is at the bottom of many eBay adds. This was for a BDGF 66 EZ1

NLY WORKS ON 2019 2020 MAZDA 3 CX-30 CARS
-INSTANT GPS, just plug into the SD card slot to enable navigation on your 2019 2020 Mazda 3 CX-30 InfoTainment system.
-Note: the SD card can be used only in one car, once it is installed to the navigation system for the first time, it will be locked with cars VIN. Navigation system SD cards cannot be used/switched from one vehicle to another.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Preferred
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wife just got home, seems to be working fine.
We left it in the slot overnight. Guess the gremlins did their magic.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
Was thinking of betting one off amazon as ebay's shipping is ridiculous, how's yours working? any link available?
It works great, very impressed with it, even puts the speed limit on my dash gauge next to the speedo and also marks that limit as a red line on the speedo also. The shipping is free and with getting it from Amazon Canada, no customs hassles either. I felt it was well worth it, kinda the "icing on the cake" for my model.

Reactions: whateva88
1 - 20 of 21 Posts