Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Owner of a Polymetal grey GT unfortunately started having issues after driving it home day 1.
Initially the display went dead and was able to re-boot at 70 kms at that point the OEM nav system
would not accept verbal or manual input for destinations.
I then tried some POI locations ie local restaurants etc and was able to set a destination only
to have the nav crash after 6 or 7 min, after restarting it crashes in a couple of min displaying
an error has occurred.
Left the CX-30 at the dealer with a detailed list of events and not felling confident with
some of their responses to curing the problem expeditiously.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
103 Posts
You did the right thing leaving it at the Dealer. I would try removing the Nav SD card. If the problem with the rest of the unit were to go away after doing so. Then I would assume the issue is with said SD card or the slot it plugs into. The system might also just need a software reflash. Do not be concerned I am sure the Dealer with repair it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated nav SD card with no improvement and the dealer has now placed an order for a new computer module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately after the new Navigation module/computer was installed the Nav system is still not working.

But I am now able to input a voice command and have it recognize an address 85% time, the nav still crashes
after 8 minutes defaulting to a main menu page and highlighting communication.
After restarting it will fail after 2 to 3 minutes.

I'm told this is the new system only used in the 3 series and the CX-30 you'd think before releasing it
the bug's would have been worked out, after several visits and lots of talking everyone is scratching their
heads trying to figure out the next move.

At the dealer I suggested checking a new vehicle to see if it was something specific to mine or affecting
others, turns out the new one on the lot had issues.

For the 8 minutes it worked along with the heads up display nav information I was impressed then it crashed again.

To be continued.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unfortunately after the new Navigation module/computer was installed the Nav system is still not working.

But I am now able to input a voice command and have it recognize an address 85% time, the nav still crashes
after 8 minutes defaulting to a main menu page and highlighting communication.
After restarting it will fail after 2 to 3 minutes.

I'm told this is the new system only used in the 3 series and the CX-30 you'd think before releasing it
the bug's would have been worked out, after several visits and lots of talking everyone is scratching their
heads trying to figure out the next move.

At the dealer I suggested checking a new vehicle to see if it was something specific to mine or affecting
others, turns out the new one on the lot had issues.

For the 8 minutes it worked along with the heads up display nav information I was impressed then it crashed again.

To be continued.....
Yes unfortunately you would think and hope bugs would be ironed out before release, however it's apparent that they aren't. The good news is that if this happened to you, it most likely happened to someone else and it does appear that Mazda does not leave people stranded. Eventually they release some sort of fix. These cars are so complicated these days and have so much computer software and hardware that there seems to always be bugs most often in the software.

There is something to be said about an old school manual transmission car from the early 2000's lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As an update I'm quite disappointed with My Mazda CX-30 and the inability of Mazda Canada to solve the electronic
issues that occurred the day after driving it home @70 kilometres when the complete system crashed.

I'm currently at 5 service tickets being opened and a few additional visits to the dealership to discuss the situation
with the service manager who has done all he can, but since he relies on Mazda Canada's tech's to analyze downloaded data his hands are tied.

From my perspective Mazda Canada is simply unable to deal with the complexity of the issues.
My Mazda currently has 1,500 Kilometres on it and am considering selling it.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
103 Posts
I have the Factory Navigation card from Amazon. Have never experienced any issues with the Nav system or the rest of the car. Just rolled over 11,000 miles recently .... Is there anything similar to lemon law in Canada?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CX-30 5 months later 932 miles on it and the saga goes on.

What a terrible experience, I've had a loaner now for over 2 months with 7 visits to the dealer and Mazda has been unable to solve the issues with crashes and lock up of the navigation system.
Mazda Canada gave up after many attempts and the problem was forwarded to Mazda Japan.

After Mazda Japan got involved they sent a part the system still crashed, in a 1 hour period it crashed 5 times.
Parts changed re programming done etc.

Mazda then gave me the option of a "buy back" after not hearing from them for 2 weeks I get an
Email today saying either you agree to have Mazda continue trying to repair my brand new car that had issues at 50 miles and by the way we want the loaner back if you have an issue with that.

I could go on but i'll resist the temptation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts