Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Brought home my CX-30 tonight, went for a Mazda 3, but it didn't have all of the features that I wanted, and ended up with a vehicle MUCH larger than originally intended haha...

Not my first Mazda, owned multiple RX-7's before, and coming back from a stint of Lexus driving. First a factory 5 speed SC300 slicktop, then a CT200h for work.

Anyway, look forward to finding out more about the car!

First modification will have to be finding a set of coilovers or aggressive lowering springs, because the ride height is killing me.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

First pic of her, right after paperwork signing!

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Howdy from Texas. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
94 Posts
Congratulations on your new car, please post pictures when you do lower it. I'm really interested in what it looks like with an agressive drop.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
congrats on the new ride same colour as mine.

Odd that the "ride height is killing you", trying to figure out how that is possible, most of us purchased the car because it makes it that much easier to enter.

Keep in mind that if you start messing around with the height of the vehicle it could have an effect on the front camera and radar settings on the car and those systems might not work correctly. It may need re-calibrating.

Reactions: RichardL

·
Registered
Polymetal CX-30 Turbo (base)
15 Posts
Grats on the new ride! I have had mine for 4 months and the Turbo is a blast, but I have to agree on the height. I think a couple inches lower with wider wheels and tires are the way to go. This ride is nearly on the level with Euro luxury sub compact SUV's and I feel like those 2 changes are all it would take to bring it up to that level.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Being old and ornery I'll throw in that those who fidoozle suspension and tires and etc. will then drive the car basically identically to how they drive it stock. Oh yeah, there will be a little here and there, but for the most part identically. And depending on how far they go with such changes they may become a source of laughter and derision to others, i.e. VW and other drivers whose wheels are at such a ridiculous camber the car looks broken. And as mentioned, it will negatively affect safety features and systems and could result in catastrophe. If (when?) that happens opposing counsel will add more zeros onto the amount suing for due to intentional negligent action. But I'm just old and ornery so on with the day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Being old and ornery I'll throw in that those who fidoozle suspension and tires and etc. will then drive the car basically identically to how they drive it stock. Oh yeah, there will be a little here and there, but for the most part identically. And depending on how far they go with such changes they may become a source of laughter and derision to others, i.e. VW and other drivers whose wheels are at such a ridiculous camber the car looks broken. And as mentioned, it will negatively affect safety features and systems and could result in catastrophe. If (when?) that happens opposing counsel will add more zeros onto the amount suing for due to intentional negligent action. But I'm just old and ornery so on with the day.
Respect the opinion. I don't understand why Mazda chose to increase the ride height by 1 inch in the US though. The wheel gap is ridiculous for such a small SUV.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
488 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Mazda. It is interesting in the differences from country to country as In Thailand we have the Japan spec model which is lower. I wonder what a 19 inch wheel would look like. Happy motoring from Thailand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Mazda. It is interesting in the differences from country to country as In Thailand we have the Japan spec model which is lower. I wonder what a 19 inch wheel would look like. Happy motoring from Thailand.
This guy is on 19's and I love the look. I had some questions for him but he seems to be MIA.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered the H&R lowering springs, and some seat protectors (will be loading and unloading semi-sharp metal objects a lot, so hope to keep them nicer).

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
74 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just ordered the H&R lowering springs, and some seat protectors (will be loading and unloading semi-sharp metal objects a lot, so hope to keep them nicer).
Looking forward to the results. Please ping me when you get them installed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts