Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I put a deposit down on a 21 CX-30 Turbo this afternoon and will pick it up tomorrow. Below is a photo of the beast with my 2016 Miata I'm trading in the background. I'll miss her but needed more room and something with some winter traction. Before making the decision I looked at the Bronco Sport and the Crosstrek with the new larger motor. Looking forward to getting to know my new ride and learning from you folks on the forum.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk

Looks very nice in that photo. Congratulations. I've updated your profile to show you're from the USA.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T Premium
35 Posts
Hi all, I put a deposit down on a 21 CX-30 Turbo this afternoon and will pick it up tomorrow. Below is a photo of the beast with my 2016 Miata I'm trading in the background. I'll miss her but needed more room and something with some winter traction. Before making the decision I looked at the Bronco Sport and the Crosstrek with the new larger motor. Looking forward to getting to know my new ride and learning from you folks on the forum.

View attachment 1823
You made the right choice, the Bronco Sport and the Crosstrek really only compete/win over the CX-30T in hypothetical offroad performance. What exactly do they mean by that? Oh no, a rear torsion beam suspension... but anyways, three years from now when you look at the values of each of these you're gonna be very happy.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You made the right choice, the Bronco Sport and the Crosstrek really only compete/win over the CX-30T in hypothetical offroad performance. What exactly do they mean by that? Oh no, a rear torsion beam suspension... but anyways, three years from now when you look at the values of each of these you're gonna be very happy.
Those were my thoughts as well. If I was driving Forest Service roads a lot, they would have been a better choice, but I was looking for a daily driver for being on pavement about 99% of the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Youre gonna love it, trust me. Same color as mine too, love how it changes based on the light, and how it actually goes well with the plastic.

Can't wait to see if the enthusiast community ends up liking it, I'd love to see what the platform is capable of with such a nice displacement and awd system.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Youre gonna love it, trust me. Same color as mine too, love how it changes based on the light, and how it actually goes well with the plastic.
I have to say I was a little disappointed in the color seeing it for the first time at the dealership. In the photos I have seen on this forum, reviews, etc., it has a glow to it that makes it look like raw titanium or something like that. At the dealership today it looked sort of normal, and not much different than any others gray paint. I wonder if that's because it's not waxed and polished yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to say I was a little disappointed in the color seeing it for the first time at the dealership. In the photos I have seen on this forum, reviews, etc., it has a glow to it that makes it look like raw titanium or something like that. At the dealership today it looked sort of normal, and not much different than any others gray paint. I wonder if that's because it's not waxed and polished yet.
What sort of ambient light was it? That tends to happen based on its surroundings and the lighting. The paint is going to look best with distinct colors and lights around, but it certainly isn't everyone's favorite, the polymetal looked good too

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What sort of ambient light was it? That tends to happen based on its surroundings and the lighting. The paint is going to look best with distinct colors and lights around, but it certainly isn't everyone's favorite, the polymetal looked good too
It was overcast. I do think it is the best color, especially with the larger cladding around the wheels. The polymetal looks good too, but almost looked like it had a purple tint to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was overcast. I do think it is the best color, especially with the larger cladding around the wheels. The polymetal looks good too, but almost looked like it had a purple tint to it.
That explains it I think. Overcast at a car dealer is a pretty drab setting for the paint to reflect. This is certainly the most environment dependent paint I've ever had on a vehicle, it'll be interesting to see how it holds up over time as well as the cladding.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum from Thailand and congratulations on your new ride.
Thanks. It's good to see how active this forum is. It makes a difference when you own a car with enthusiasts passing on things that that they learn.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not quite a large enthusiast community behind it yet just based on how recent the release was, but with all the reviewers really enjoying the CX-30 Turbo and many even saying it's the enthusiast's choice in the title, I can only imagine we're gonna see at the least a better forum than any other CUV lol.

When I got mine, I think the Turbo had only been available in my area for about a month, and reviews were still embargoed. A year from now I'm guessing this is gonna be a fun place to be :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts