Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks: Just bought a 2021 CX-30 S. Got into it in the rain, switched the wipers on. Nada. If you move the wiper control wand, they move. But the rotary switch does nothing. The manual says if this happens to contact the dealer as soon as possible. Anyone else had this? Is this a programming error? I just had the key fobs reprogrammed, because I added a 3rd one. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 S
4 Posts
Hi Folks: Just bought a 2021 CX-30 S. Got into it in the rain, switched the wipers on. Nada. If you move the wiper control wand, they move. But the rotary switch does nothing. The manual says if this happens to contact the dealer as soon as possible. Anyone else had this? Is this a programming error? I just had the key fobs reprogrammed, because I added a 3rd one. Thanks in advance!
Never mind...I'm a complete idiot. With my last car, you rotated the switch on the arm. With this one, you pull it downward...DOH.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
always a good idea to learn how to use all the controls while still in your driveway 😄 (don't forget the owners manual, and remember it is also built in your display unit.)
fortunately the wiper controls operate the same as my previous vehicle (different brand) with the exception of auto rain sensing and the rear washer available at two positions on the dial.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello gang, I just bought my CX-30 and I love it but I'm not crazy about the Auto wipers being on. I do have a problem, whenever I set my wipers to low it's still at a speed that it's too fast. I tried to use the knob to make it slow but it doesn't do anything. Even if I turn the knob to (+) or (-) it's still the same speed. Is there a way to make it even slower?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,521 Posts
Hello gang, I just bought my CX-30 and I love it but I'm not crazy about the Auto wipers being on. I do have a problem, whenever I set my wipers to low it's still at a speed that it's too fast. I tried to use the knob to make it slow but it doesn't do anything. Even if I turn the knob to (+) or (-) it's still the same speed. Is there a way to make it even slower?
did you turn it off the auto setting? (light off) also the system can be fully turned off in the Vehicle settings.

I find the auto wipers to be pretty good, but don't always work effectively in all situations, so just go back to manual use (LO or HI)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
I figured it out. If you leave the auto wipers on you can't adjust the speed if you switch it to low or any other speed you can't adjust the (+) or (-). If you uncheck the auto wipers from the settings in the car then you can use the low speed and adjust it with the (+) (-) knob.
LOL! Laughing with you, not at you. I'm still figuring crap out about this car and I've had it 7 months! Probably three years from now I'll go "oh snap, that's how you adjust that". :)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
215 Posts
I figured it out. If you leave the auto wipers on you can't adjust the speed if you switch it to low or any other speed you can't adjust the (+) or (-). If you uncheck the auto wipers from the settings in the car then you can use the low speed and adjust it with the (+) (-) knob.
I think the reason for this is that when auto wipers are selected in vehicle settings the switch you mentioned controls the sensitivity of the rain sensor rather than the speed of wipers. This switch has a double functionality and, when you disable auto wipers in settings, the switch returns to its second function of controlling the speed of wipers on the low setting. At least this is how it works on my UK 2021 model. I suppose this change of mode could have been linked to the position of the wipers stalk rather than the settings in Mazda Connect software, but without seeing the source code it is difficult to judge why Mazda engineers decided to go the way they went. I guess there must have been some technical reason to do it this way. Of course, it would be nice if the Owners' Manual described this dual functionality in some detail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.