Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our new CX today. Absolutely love it. Put about 60 miles on it today driving around the mountain roads. Great handling, quick throttle response even not in the Sport mode. But the Sport mode did make it more fun. The only things I wonder about is the sound deadening pads in the rear. Anyone have any trouble with them staying on or collecting dirt?
And the lower front grill or rather no grill covering the A/C evaporator, it looks like the A/C evaporator coil could become damaged fairly easy by rocks. I didn't even notice this when I went to look at it and test drive it. Is there a grill available for it? Mazda or aftermarket. Has anyone put one on?

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
The U.S. models don't get the extra radiator protection so hopefully some aftermarket company will come up with something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of making one out of a stainless steel wire mesh. Wonder if that would affect the warranty.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
I'm thinking of making one out of a stainless steel wire mesh. Wonder if that would affect the warranty.
I had a Nissan Qashqai with the same sort of bottom grill and threw on 41,000 km in two years of ownership mostly highway driving and never had an issue but no surprise the CVT started to fail 🤣 that's what made me trade it in.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
why would it as long as it's got lots of ventilation. Here is the regular lower grille. If you have a state or province that uses the front plates, then a part of the area is going to be covered.

·
Registered
325 Posts
why would it as long as it's got lots of ventilation. Here is the regular lower grille. If you have a state or province that uses the front plates, then a part of the area is going to be covered.

View attachment 612

View attachment 613
i was going to take a full pic but didnt want to have to edit my liceance plate out as i dont trust just throwing my liceence plate on the net as you never know but that's just me :p

·
Registered
325 Posts

View attachment 612

View attachment 613
i was going to take a full pic but didnt want to have to edit my liceance plate out as i dont trust just throwing my liceence plate on the net as you never know but that's just me :p

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Welcome T Ray. I'm in GVL; got mine from Bradshaw and so far/so good with service on recalls. I did drive it to Asheville early on but haven't made it to the smaller mountain roads. I'd be interested in any you might recommend as I do love driving it on the country roads near me but a little elevation change would be fun. What color did you get?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome T Ray. I'm in GVL; got mine from Bradshaw and so far/so good with service on recalls. I did drive it to Asheville early on but haven't made it to the smaller mountain roads. I'd be interested in any you might recommend as I do love driving it on the country roads near me but a little elevation change would be fun. What color did you get?
Hi Mazderati, I like the name. lol. We got the Deep Crystal blue, almost looks black till the sun hits it. I would say just head towards Easley or Bravard NC. There's hardly a straight road around them. We drove to Clayton Ga. Beautiful area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Wayne, it is actually my wifes car. She had a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. I drive a GMC Z71 pickup and a 1969 Chevelle Convertible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is Ted's wife, Patti and I don't know if this is where I can ask a question but here I go... There is a button on the end of my lights lever. I cannot figure out what it does. It is not in the manual, that I can find. I even googled it and came up with nothing. So somebody surely knows what this does. Thanks!!
Patti

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is Ted's wife, Patti and I don't know if this is where I can ask a question but here I go... There is a button on the end of my lights lever. I cannot figure out what it does. It is not in the manual, that I can find. I even googled it and came up with nothing. So somebody surely knows what this does. Thanks!!
Patti
its for the auto high beams when the headlights are on... there is a sensor with the auto headlights that when it detects a on comming car or street lighting it will turn the hight beams off and vise versa but if the sensesor is say fogged up it will mistakeingly turn hight beams on and the button you are referring to is to disable auto high beams.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
158 Posts
I press that button that you are referring to and doesn't indicate anywhere on the dash if it is on or off

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts