Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this car 3 days and noticing a hesitation when start up and reverse out of garage like a spurt and higher rev? Anyone else experiencing it and the auto emergency break is a pain. I know I can dismantle it to do it manually but got to figure it out along with the sport mode switch?

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
144 Posts
Not experiencing any issues. With regards to the park brake, with brake applied push down on the switch. Sport mode is off untill you turn it on

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not experiencing any issues. With regards to the park brake, with brake applied push down on the switch. Sport mode is off untill you turn it on
Yes I know but there is a way to do it manually and not have it automatically engaged which I prefer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I am misunderstanding because it only engages automatically when you shut off the vehicle
Yes it does but there is a way to bypass this so if on flat surface or parked you don’t have to engage it. You can manually engage it by pulling the switch up. I really never used the em brake on my 3 but maybe 4 times in 5 years only on my old Mazda 3 manual in first gear or reverse on a uphill.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
The electronic parking break engages every time you turn the car off. It’s a safety feature. Why wouldn’t you want this?

I guess if you’re insistent you can cancel it. These are the instructions how. You’d have to do it every time though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I just talked to my service guy about the hesitation and the parking brake. Actually he gets it....I actually really never needed my parking brake on in my 3 unless on a hill. I will just deal and the AT is all computed and it seems it takes a second or two to adjust the shift of park to reverse but it is noticeable and if continues let them know. I know this tech is all new but dude I am not the only one talking of the hesitation.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
171 Posts
Actually I just talked to my service guy about the hesitation and the parking brake. Actually he gets it....I actually really never needed my parking brake on in my 3 unless on a hill. I will just deal and the AT is all computed and it seems it takes a second or two to adjust the shift of park to reverse but it is noticeable and if continues let them know. I know this tech is all new but dude I am not the only one talking of the hesitation.
The parking brake is called the parking brake for a reason: you should use it when you park your car. Many people think you only need to use your parking brake (also called the emergency brake) when parking on a hill or if your car has a manual transmission. This is incorrect; whether your car is a manual or automatic, the terrain is hilly or flat, you should use your parking brake every time you park.
I will let you google the answer on why you should use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts