Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New CX-30 Turbo owner here in the Pacific Northwest. I believe that I purchased the very first CX-30 AWD Turbo in Premium Plus trim delivered as stock to my local Seattle area dealer in January. It's Polymetal Grey with every possible option. My wife has driven Mazdas for about 25 years, Protege & 3 models. She sees an automobile as only a transportation appliance but I'm a car nut. I've driven Volvo, VW, Audi, Mercedes & BMW since the 1970s so this is my first Mazda - AND - the only Mazda model I would have ever considered. I closely followed Mazda's CX-30 Turbo development last year and as soon as it came tinto my dealer, I was there with my checkbook! I've never been a fan of SUV/Crossover models but this one is exactly the right size for me, it doesn't have a heavy feel and it maneuvers & parks quite well. Some auto industry reviewers said buyers might not like the taut suspension but it's just fine for me. It has essentially the same footprint as my wife's Mazda 3 but it's taller and has bigger wheels/tires PLUS the turbo. I've been quite impressed by the performance and handling, it's actually better than I expected. It's quite fast with 30 more HP than the Audi A4 I traded in, has loads of torque and gets 4 MPG more than the old Audi. I sense a little torque steer when I push it hard but I can adjust. There's a slight understeer but it's not bad.

I have a couple of minor peeves:
  • Factory window tint... Why didn't they do the windows on the driver & passenger front doors? I had to pay the dealer to do those windows.
  • Glove box is tiny
  • I know sleek body styling is a paramount focus for Mazda but the curve of the front door opening is somewhat severe. I'm not "Tall" at 5'10" but I hit my head on the top of the door opening often.
  • Why no FOG LIGHTS? All the other Mazda SUVs have them. Has anyone found a decent aftermarket setup?
  • Front turn signals could be larger.
  • You can only unlock the car door by touch, not lock it too.
  • You should be able to open the rear hatch with a dash button.
  • Back seat room is tight but someone sits back there only about twice a year.
  • Why no rear trunk cover included? I had to buy the cover.
  • Entertainment system screen is a little difficult to navigate but I'm getting used to it.
  • NO CD PLAYER! But I do know it's the wave of the future for old school CDs to fade away - I have 100s if them but I loaded my favorite classic rock, R&B and classical albums to a thumb drive and it works for me.

I hope Mazda is following forums because I have a few words to say about the factory installed tires. The Bridgestone tires that came on my CX-30 are, perhaps, the worst all weather tire produced by Bridgestone according to the multiple professional reviews and customer testimonials I've read. I was greatly disappointed to see them on my Mazda. Within a week of purchase, I went to my friendly local Discount Tire store and swapped them out for a set of top tier Continental high performance all weather tires and they are a dream to drive on. I've done this before on my Audis, swapping new factory installed summer tires for all weather, and I've always received a generous trade in value for the take-off summer tires. This time, however, Discount Tire refused to give me a trade in value for the Bridgestones stating they don't even stock them because they are so bad. Oh, well, I paid full price for the four new Continentals but I'm absolutely sure they will be worth it. I also did a size upgrade (with the same rolling radius) and my tires are about an inch wider than the originals.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
New CX-30 Turbo owner here in the Pacific Northwest. I believe that I purchased the very first CX-30 AWD Turbo delivered as stock to my local Seattle area dealer in January. Polymetal Grey with every possible option. My wife has driven Mazdas for about 25 years, Protege & 3 models. She sees an automobile as only a transportation appliance but I'm a car nut. I've driven Volvo, VW, Audi, Mercedes & BMW since the 1970s so this is my first Mazda - AND - the only Mazda model I would have ever considered. I closely followed Mazda's CX-30 Turbo development last year and as soon as it came tinto my dealer, I was there with my checkbook! I've never been a fan of SUV/Crossover models but this one is exactly the right size for me, it doesn't have a heavy feel and it maneuvers & parks quite well. Some auto industry reviewers said buyers might not like the taut suspension but it's just fine for me. It has essentially the same footprint as my wife's Mazda 3 but it's taller and has bigger wheels/tires PLUS the turbo. I've been quite impressed by the performance and handling, it's actually better than I expected. It's quite fast with 30 more HP than the Audi A4 I traded in, has loads of torque and gets 4 MPG more than the old Audi. I sense a little torque steer when I push it hard but I can adjust. There's a slight understeer but it's not bad.

I have a couple of minor peeves:
  • Factory window tint... Why didn't they do the windows on the driver & passenger front doors? I had to pay the dealer to do those windows.Illegal where I live
  • Glove box is tiny Oh well
  • I know sleek body styling is a paramount focus for Mazda but the curve of the front door opening is somewhat severe. I'm not "Tall" at 5'10" but I hit my head on the top of the door opening often.
  • Why no FOG LIGHTS? All the other Mazda SUVs have them. Has anyone found a decent aftermarket setup?
  • Front turn signals could be larger.But very bright
  • You can only unlock the car door by touch, not lock it too.Yes you can
  • You should be able to open the rear hatch with a dash button.Yes you can
  • Back seat room is tight but someone sits back there only about twice a year.
  • Why no rear trunk cover included? I had to buy the cover.Mine came with it
  • Entertainment system screen is a little difficult to navigate but I'm getting used to it.Love the commander control
  • NO CD PLAYER! But I do know it's the wave of the future for old school CDs to fade away - I have 100s if them but I loaded my favorite classic rock, R&B and classical albums to a thumb drive and it works for me.

I hope Mazda is following forums because I have a few words to say about the factory installed tires. The Bridgestone tires that came on my CX-30 are, perhaps, the worst all weather tire produced by Bridgestone according to the multiple professional reviews and customer testimonials I've read. I was greatly disappointed to see them on my Mazda. Within a week of purchase, I went to my friendly local Discount Tire store and swapped them out for a set of top tier Continental high performance all weather tires and they are a dream to drive on. I've done this before on my Audis, swapping new factory installed summer tires for all weather, and I've always received a generous trade in value for the take-off summer tires. This time, however, Discount Tire refused to give me a trade in value for the Bridgestones stating they don't even stock them because they are so bad. Oh, well, I paid full price for the four new Continentals but I'm absolutely sure they will be worth it. I also did a size upgrade (with the same rolling radius) and my tires are about an inch wider than the originals.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
280 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Thailand. Know your area well as my sister lives in Snohomish. I do not have a lot of your problems with my CX30. I can lock and unlock car with a touch. I can open my rear hatch with a button on the dash but the car must be in park. My car came with a trunk cover. I never hit my head getting in and I am 6'2". Most new cars do not come with a CD player anymore. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum from Thailand. Know your area well as my sister lives in Snohomish. I do not have a lot of your problems with my CX30. I can lock and unlock car with a touch. I can open my rear hatch with a button on the dash but the car must be in park. My car came with a trunk cover. I never hit my head getting in and I am 6'2". Most new cars do not come with a CD player anymore. Good luck with your purchase.
I'll try the features again but I'm wondering now if some specs are different from country to country. My button on the dash for the rear hatch only closes it. I did adjust the driver's seat height and now my head only brushes upon entry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are lots of differences but just hold the button down to open
Tried it, doesn't open the hatch, only will close, I'll try again by holding the dash button down longer to open. Graphic on the button shows the hatch up with an arrow down, I surmise that indicates it only closes the hatch. Maybe just a USA spec? Strange. I did figure out touching door handle really can lock the car, there are two different beeps I noted.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
25 Posts
To open the hatch via that button, make sure your doors are unlocked first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts