Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it. Looks like they have taken some of the better Mazda design ideas (smooth sleek exterior surfaces, clean elegant functional dash) without adapting some the more unfortunate ones, (exaggerated wheel wells , curiously bent side stampings, poor space utilization)

It desperately needs a powertrain upgrade however, ditching the single cam port injected engine and CVT that even made the CX3 a fireball in comparison. I would hope for the former but doubt the possibility of the latter.

·
Registered
2021 PP Turbo Polymetal Gray
43 Posts
I like it. Looks like they have taken some of the better Mazda design ideas (smooth sleek exterior surfaces, clean elegant functional dash) without adapting some the more unfortunate ones, (exaggerated wheel wells , curiously bent side stampings, poor space utilization)

It desperately needs a powertrain upgrade however, ditching the single cam port injected engine and CVT that even made the CX3 a fireball in comparison. I would hope for the former but doubt the possibility of the latter.

Looks like a HUGE improvement over the comic book garishness that's infected Honda for the past several years. Maybe some kids like cars that remind them of their Transformer toys, but Honda's penchant for ugliness kept me from considering a sporty Civic like the Type R no matter how well they perform.

Looks more like a VW than a Mazda, however.

·
Registered
2021 PP Turbo Polymetal Gray
43 Posts
I can see that or a Q3 which is a VW of sorts. Nicer looking grill/front end on the HRV though. Never thought I would say that about a Honda.
Agreed. That big blocky front end on the Q3 makes the car look like a battering ram. It’s blocky, heavy, stereotypically Germanic in the worst ways, and turned off my wife completely to the car. She much preferred the elegant, sexy, Pininfarina-inspired lines of the Mazda ... and that’s a big reason there’s a CX30 sitting in our garage today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts