Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mazda 3 & CX-30 putting your spare key to sleep
This is in section 3-7 of the manual Power saving function By turning on the transmitter power saving function, the advanced keyless entry*1 and push button start system functions turn off and the battery power consumption of the transmitter is restricted. The remote control function is operational by operating the transmitter switch even while the power saving function is turned on. However, the operation indicator light of the transmitter does not turn on/flash. Turning on the power saving function After you have turned on the power saving function according to the following procedure, the hazard warning lights and sound operate*1 one time. 1. Press the lock button on the transmitter 4 times within 3 seconds to turn on the operation indicator light. 2. Press the lock button continuously for 1.5 seconds or longer while the operation indicator light turns on (for 5 seconds). 3. Press any of the buttons on the transmitter to make sure that the operation indicator light does not turn on/flash. Turning off the power saving function After you have turned off the power saving function according to the following procedure, the hazard warning lights and sound operate*1 one time. 1. Press any of the buttons on the transmitter to make sure that the operation indicator light does not turn on/flash. 2. Press the lock button on the transmitter 4 times within 3 seconds to turn on the operation indicator light. 3. Press the lock button continuously for 1.5 seconds or longer while the operation indicator light turns on (for 5 seconds). *1 With the advanced keyless function

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
25 Posts
Thanks, great to know about this "sleep" function, however I was unable to find it in the manual, to be more accurate, it does not say that this function is to save the battery of the spare key fob, it more looks like it will disable those functions of the car itself... not sure honestly what this is really about.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, great to know about this "sleep" function, however I was unable to find it in the manual, to be more accurate, it does not say that this function is to save the battery of the spare key fob, it more looks like it will disable those functions of the car itself... not sure honestly what this is really about.
This function is to save the battery of the spare key fob only

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
25 Posts
This function is to save the battery of the spare key fob only
Yes I understood what the video is trying to say, but the manual does not clearly state that. It is vague and for me its not clear if its disables the key or the proximity function of the car.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
"functions turn off and the battery power consumption of the transmitter is restricted" - seems clear to me ;)

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
25 Posts
From the official manual:
"By turning on the transmitter power saving function, the advanced keyless entry*1 and push button start system functions turn off and the battery power consumption of the transmitter is restricted."
...for me it looks like not only the transmitter's battery consumption is restricted but also 2 other functions are disabled, and it did not clearly state if those are disable on the car itself or just that single transmitter. Taking into account that I have not tried this, I can only assume that, because the operation must be done close to the car itself or inside of it, this will disable some functions on the car as well. But maybe I am wrong, so I just express my understanding of the text, I do not want to argue or claim that my opinion is correct.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
16 Posts
Will disable anything handsfree, such as door locking/unlocking and engine start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts