Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 SE L Lux Auto E-Skyactiv x
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I’m in the UK and the owner of new cx30. Only had a few months . It’s the e-skyavtiv x model 2l engine . It’s a lovely car and very comfortable . Mazda have done a great job with this car.
Are the models there mild hybrids too , sorry if a bit of a silly question .Does the battery actually charge whilst engine on and on park position .Or is it only charged whilst pressing break. How can you see how much charge the battery has ? It’s the first time I’ve driven a mild hybrid 😑. Do you guys have the e skyactiv x engine there and what does everyone think ?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
672 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new CX-30. Happy to help discuss the MHEV I have with my SkyActivX engine, but first:

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new CX-30. Happy to help discuss the MHEV I have with my SkyActivX engine, but first:

Please take a moment and update your profile. This helps you if you ask questions about your car and helps others know what car you have so they can give you the best answer. Complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 model, engine and year.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)
Hi Martin
Have I set up my profile correct or am I not active yet ?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
672 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
110 Posts
Hi All

I’m in the UK and the owner of new cx30. Only had a few months . It’s the e-skyavtiv x model 2l engine . It’s a lovely car and very comfortable . Mazda have done a great job with this car.
Are the models there mild hybrids too , sorry if a bit of a silly question .Does the battery actually charge whilst engine on and on park position .Or is it only charged whilst pressing break. How can you see how much charge the battery has ? It’s the first time I’ve driven a mild hybrid 😑. Do you guys have the e skyactiv x engine there and what does everyone think ?
The Hybrid battery charges on braking and when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal, go to the info screen , from main menu select info and there's a screen that actively works as you drive to show you the hybrid battery charging and status (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Hybrid battery charges on braking and when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal, go to the info screen , from main menu select info and there's a screen that actively works as you drive to show you the hybrid battery charging and status (y)
Thank you again for your comment . Oh I see . So it charges when you put your foot off the accelerator as well . I thought only charges when you stop and the I stop comes on and when you apply the break. I went into that info thing you said and it shows picture of car . Where it shows the battery it’s like 3 bars on battery , should it be more? I’m really terrible with understanding all these things . Therefore thank you for explaining. Do you have the e skyactiv x as well , the updated 2021 model . How do you find it .

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
110 Posts
Thank you again for your comment . Oh I see . So it charges when you put your foot off the accelerator as well . I thought only charges when you stop and the I stop comes on and when you apply the break. I went into that info thing you said and it shows picture of car . Where it shows the battery it’s like 3 bars on battery , should it be more? I’m really terrible with understanding all these things . Therefore thank you for explaining. Do you have the e skyactiv x as well , the updated 2021 model . How do you find it .
your welcome ! ive managed to get it to fill all bars , just through the way you drive. Mines the Sktactiv G had her a year in august, due to the pandemic i only use the car 3 to 4 times a month at the moment as i have the use of a company vehicle ( for work hours only ) this will be my 9th Mazda now since 2009

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your welcome ! ive managed to get it to fill all bars , just through the way you drive. Mines the Sktactiv G had her a year in august, due to the pandemic i only use the car 3 to 4 times a month at the moment as i have the use of a company vehicle ( for work hours only ) this will be my 9th Mazda now since 2009
Thank you . How do you find the G. So what is your driving style to be able to get the battery to fill all the bars. Also I know a silly question but when does the car actually drive via electric. How do you know ?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
110 Posts
Thank you . How do you find the G. So what is your driving style to be able to get the battery to fill all the bars. Also I know a silly question but when does the car actually drive via electric. How do you know ?
It doesn't drive via electric as such, the Hybrid part really powers the electrics of the car so its not a bigger push on the engine, i let off the accelerator early, brake slower so it regens etc, i love Mazda, to be honest I've loved all of my Mazda's and have a fantastic relationship with my dealers ( same sales guy for 9 years ) my biggest gripe is the wing mirror position, they need to be further forward to the front of the car. been getting fantastic MPG and managed 289 miles on just over half a tank

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't drive via electric as such, the Hybrid part really powers the electrics of the car so its not a bigger push on the engine, i let off the accelerator early, brake slower so it regens etc, i love Mazda, to be honest I've loved all of my Mazda's and have a fantastic relationship with my dealers ( same sales guy for 9 years ) my biggest gripe is the wing mirror position, they need to be further forward to the front of the car. been getting fantastic MPG and managed 289 miles on just over half a tank
Ok will try this . It’s great this forum. Thank you . I must admit , being my first Mazda , the car is great , you actually feel like you are driving a car and actually enjoy driving it . And being a non turbo , you don’t really miss it . It’s so comfortable and quiet too but I just felt a bit uneasy as didn’t understand the mild hybrid and how the spcci /compression works on the X and when it kicks in etc. It’s just too much to think about with all these new technologies. I just want to drive the car and feel comfortable in it. It’s a great car and I love the look
Of it. I will remain with the brand hopefully for many years. Wow that’s a lot of miles and only using half a tank . Great .

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
110 Posts
Ok will try this . It’s great this forum. Thank you . I must admit , being my first Mazda , the car is great , you actually feel like you are driving a car and actually enjoy driving it . And being a non turbo , you don’t really miss it . It’s so comfortable and quiet too but I just felt a bit uneasy as didn’t understand the mild hybrid and how the spcci /compression works on the X and when it kicks in etc. It’s just too much to think about with all these new technologies. I just want to drive the car and feel comfortable in it. It’s a great car and I love the look
Of it. I will remain with the brand hopefully for many years. Wow that’s a lot of miles and only using half a tank . Great .
There's a wealth of knowledge and info from loads of members on here, only had one turbo car and like you say, its not missed, plus the sports button helps if you know what i mean lol, just have a play around with the system and enjoy a fantastic drive 😁😁😁

I'm use to Mazda's tech, started out in a 2009 Mazda 2 and worked my way up so seen alot of change

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's a wealth of knowledge and info from loads of members on here, only had one turbo car and like you say, its not missed, plus the sports button helps if you know what i mean lol, just have a play around with the system and enjoy a fantastic drive 😁😁😁

I'm use to Mazda's tech, started out in a 2009 Mazda 2 and worked my way up so seen alot of change
So you really are into your Mazda’s . Would you have ever consider or did you consider getting the skyactiv x. Or did you have reservations . As I said I got the 122 g and returned it due to an issue and got into the x but was it worth it I dint know now.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
110 Posts
So you really are into your Mazda’s . Would you have ever consider or did you consider getting the skyactiv x. Or did you have reservations . As I said I got the 122 g and returned it due to an issue and got into the x but was it worth it I dint know now.
no, i didn't give it a thought, my 2018 Mazda 3 sat outside for over 10 months in the first year of the pandemic so i sold it back to the dealers via WhatsApp lol, saved a decent amount of ££ during the pandemic and just messaged my sales guy , told him i want a white CX 30, auto but not base spec, 20 mins later he replied car in stock when do you want to pick it up 🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts