Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda Mazda3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all sorry I'm actually not new. I joined last May and haven't been active. I saw Martin's post that I had to update my profile and post an intro BEFORE creating a post. Sorry! I didn't see that.

Anyways. I don't own a CX-30 but I feel like it's my next car because of its utility and size. I have its baby brother the 3.

🤩 I'm looking forward in seeing what Mazda offers and any exciting mods or new rides.

Thanks😍

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
813 Posts
Welcome to the forum - eventually!! :D (y)

Martin

Reactions: @1CX30Whiter

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
welcome, my daughters both live in Alberta, one in Calgary the other in Medicine Hat.

Reactions: @1CX30Whiter

·
Registered
132 Posts
I recently passed over a 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback (in i-Touring trim with only 41,000 miles) to my teenage son. We had planned to get him a used car this year but no way was I going pay $17-18k for a used car with 75-100k miles on it. The only sensible option was to give him my well-maintained old car and swallow the bitter pill to buy a new car.

I’ve wanted a 4th-gen Mazda 3 since they came out with the turbo. Then I started cross-shopping the CX-30 Turbo and loved the taller platform. Even though I had added a well-engineered noise-insulation system to my 2016, it still has a lot of road noise (Mazda partially addressed that in the 2017 refresh). The Bose audio system in my old car was underwhelming and the car didn’t have much tech in it. In contrast, the CX-30 Turbo Premium is extremely quiet, smooth, powerful, and loaded with tech features. The updated 12-speaker Bose audio system, the whole car even, is miles ahead of what I had before.

I went from driving a nice-enough compact economy car to driving a best-in-class near-luxury crossover. The difference is amazing.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Only 368-miles on it with full chrome delete, tinted headlights and turn-signals, PPF on the entire front and hood, ‘carbon fiber’ vinyl wrapped rear spoiler, painted calipers and rotors, Continental CrossContact LX25 tires, and a few other minor things done to it in the first four weeks of ownership. All done by myself alone (though my teenage son helped me install the giant-sized PPF onto the hood).

·
Registered
2014 Mazda Mazda3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently passed over a 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback (in i-Touring trim with only 41,000 miles) to my teenage son. We had planned to get him a used car this year but no way was I going pay $17-18k for a used car with 75-100k miles on it. The only sensible option was to give him my well-maintained old car and swallow the bitter pill to buy a new car.

I’ve wanted a 4th-gen Mazda 3 since they came out with the turbo. Then I started cross-shopping the CX-30 Turbo and loved the taller platform. Even though I had added a well-engineered noise-insulation system to my 2016, it still has a lot of road noise (Mazda partially addressed that in the 2017 refresh). The Bose audio system in my old car was underwhelming and the car didn’t have much tech in it. In contrast, the CX-30 Turbo Premium is extremely quiet, smooth, powerful, and loaded with tech features. The updated 12-speaker Bose audio system, the whole car even, is miles ahead of what I had before.

I went from driving a nice-enough compact economy car to driving a best-in-class near-luxury crossover. The difference is amazing.

View attachment 5193

View attachment 5195
Only 368-miles with full chrome delete, tinted headlights and turn-signals, PPF on the entire front and hood, carbon fiber wrapped rear spoiler, painted calipers and rotors, Continental CrossContact LX25 tires, and a few other things done to it.
Holy smokes love it.

I'm afraid of decking out my car other than new tires etc cause we've been hit so many times.
I got a Thinkware U1000 dashcam tho 🤫

·
Registered
2014 Mazda Mazda3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum. Traded in my 2014 Mazda 3 with 60,000km on my 2020 CX30 and do not miss the 3 but I do think the 3 looked meaner. lol
View attachment 5203
Nice I got sonic silver too. Not my 1st choice but I love light colors. White and blue.

Because our first ars were a 87 and 96 corolla in blue and white. 😍

Everytime I get off work from my retail job I get tired driving the 3. Maybe the cx30 is better? I want to feel relaxed and still have energy especially driving 20 or 30 min from work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Traded in my 2014 Mazda 3 with 60,000km on my 2020 CX30 and do not miss the 3 but I do think the 3 looked meaner.
Seriously?

Car Plant Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Only 368-miles on it with full chrome delete, tinted headlights and turn-signals, PPF on the entire front and hood, ‘carbon fiber’ vinyl wrapped rear spoiler, painted calipers and rotors, Continental CrossContact LX25 tires, and a few other minor things done to it in the first four weeks of ownership. All done by myself alone (though my teenage son helped me install the giant-sized PPF onto the hood).

·
Registered
2014 Mazda Mazda3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously?

View attachment 5204

Cx30 looks meaner. Lol the 14 3 looks cute and tame front. Rear looks mean but the cx30 looks serious out back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts