Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, leased a 2021 CX-30 Premium 2.5L ten days ago, and so far me and wife have been enjoying the car a lot!

I started driving in 2008 with my parent's 2002 Audi A4 and sold it in 2011. Then I bought a 2011 Skoda Yeti (for the US readers, it is similar to VW Tiguan). In 2015 I moved from EU to US and gave the Yeti to my parents who I are still using it in 2021. Both were great cars through which I developed my appreciation for German cars (Skoda used 90% of VW parts, so practically German).

From 2015 to 2021 I did not own a car since I lived in a small university town and used rentals and carsharing for my car needs. I immensely enjoyed this period of my life when I didn't have to worry about car related stuff.

In 2021 I moved back to a large city and actually was quite excited to get a car again. Having driven quite a few different models while carsharing and renting I developed a taste for (sub)compact SUV's. I know a lot of people hate them, but I like the seating position more compared to a sedan and occasionally fold seats to fit furniture from Ikea or what not. Plus I don't notice much difference in how compact SUV's drive compared to sedans or hatchbacks - I found it to depend much more on the particular model rather than on the class of the car. I am a pretty relaxed driver that is used to VW tuning of the suspension and the not too tight but precise steering wheel. (CX-30 of course has much tighter suspension and steering wheel so I am getting used to it).

Since I enjoyed my Skoda Yeti so much, my natural intent was to go for a VW in the US (as one cannot buy Skoda in the US). I was going to lease a VW Taos, but the VW dealership experience was horrible and forced me to start looking elsewhere. That is how I discovered CX-30 even though initially I wasn't considering non-German cars. After sitting in CX-30 in the showroom and test driving it, I took two days to research the car a bit and then leased it on the third day. The dealership experience was waaaaaaaaay more pleasant compared to VW. Also, the lease came out to be 30% cheaper compared to a Taos, also with a cheaper insurance, and the two cars fit my needs almost identically. In this case, Mazda seemed like an obvious choice.

Have 300 miles on the car and I am liking it more and more with each new day. Please welcome me to the forum.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk. That's quite a tale! It's funny the effect the dealer has on your perception of a make of car.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

Reactions: Bananeen

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's quite a tale! It's funny the effect the dealer has on your perception of a make of car.
It is funny, yes, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that the US dealer experience is so much worse than in Europe. At the VW dealer I spent 5 hours and at every step they were trying to increase the price or offer useless options. And the previous 2 VW dealers were equally bad. So I understand that maybe VW has no control over what the dealers are doing, but I wanted to have some dignity left after getting the car. After all I can't buy the car straight from the producer so the perception is formed by the whole chain of intermediaries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.