Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new GT Sport AWD AT SkyActiv-X, Polymetal Gray with black leather seats. And puddle lights fitted. Here’s a pic from an angle you might not see often:

Very happy with it! I was not initially after AWD but that’s what they had in stock - I suppose the extra versatility may pay off.

I’ve had a driving licence for years but I managed to get by without owning a car, so this is my first car purchase. My priorities were: style, comfort/luxury, safety.

Volvo XC40 was probably the strongest competitor. CX-30 is just a little smaller, which suits me, and the interior styling is as good as you can get. Nice to drive around in something I’d prefer over an Audi/BMW/Merc, that costs a lot less.

One thing I like is the combination of automatic transmission and the auto-hold feature. Being able to do “clutch-control” (creeping) by staying light on the brakes, and then knowing I can activate auto hold (and i-stop) by giving the brake pedal a deeper push, and then just gently tap the accelerator to get moving again when the lights change, is so much more relaxing than driving with a manual transmission. I like the infotainment controls too, especially the little volume knob. I think they got that stuff exactly right.

One thing I’m not too sure about yet is the best way to stop the car before switching off. My sequence is: put in neutral, apply parking break, release brake pedal and auto hold switch, put in park, switch off. Maybe doesn’t really matter but the car lurches a lot of I just throw it into Park and then switch off.

I see a lot of Mazdas round here, although only a couple of CX-30s so far around the city.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
187 Posts
Welcome from Canada. With regards to your parking comment. When parking on an incline I normally apply brakes, select park and then select the e-brake. Then take my foot off the pedal. I like the feeling when the e-brake is applied

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently bought a new GT Sport AWD AT SkyActiv-X, Polymetal Gray with black leather seats. And puddle lights fitted. Here’s a pic from an angle you might not see often:
View attachment 1145

Very happy with it! I was not initially after AWD but that’s what they had in stock - I suppose the extra versatility may pay off.

I’ve had a driving licence for years but I managed to get by without owning a car, so this is my first car purchase. My priorities were: style, comfort/luxury, safety.

Volvo XC40 was probably the strongest competitor. CX-30 is just a little smaller, which suits me, and the interior styling is as good as you can get. Nice to drive around in something I’d prefer over an Audi/BMW/Merc, that costs a lot less.

One thing I like is the combination of automatic transmission and the auto-hold feature. Being able to do “clutch-control” (creeping) by staying light on the brakes, and then knowing I can activate auto hold (and i-stop) by giving the brake pedal a deeper push, and then just gently tap the accelerator to get moving again when the lights change, is so much more relaxing than driving with a manual transmission. I like the infotainment controls too, especially the little volume knob. I think they got that stuff exactly right.

One thing I’m not too sure about yet is the best way to stop the car before switching off. My sequence is: put in neutral, apply parking break, release brake pedal and auto hold switch, put in park, switch off. Maybe doesn’t really matter but the car lurches a lot of I just throw it into Park and then switch off.

I see a lot of Mazdas round here, although only a couple of CX-30s so far around the city.
What is your economy like?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Thailand. Congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
204 Posts
No need for all of that...

Keep your foot on the brake while still in drive and activate the ebrake. Once you hear it engage you can put the vehicle into drive. No more lurching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your economy like?
So far, about 35mpg (British) with just me driving in the city, a little lower (32) with one or two passengers. I haven’t gone on any long drives out of the city yet. 150 miles total. I filled up the tank with 97Ron petrol, haven’t used Sport mode, and I do use i-stop. Not really sure if that’s good or bad economy, not got much to compare it with.

Thanks for the parking tip, LFGM.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forum from south-eastern, Ontario, Canada

We visited Scotland in 2013 touring by train.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
No need for all of that...

Keep your foot on the brake while still in drive and activate the ebrake. Once you hear it engage you can put the vehicle into drive. No more lurching.
I just come to a stop, put the car in Park then shut off the engine. The parking brake will engage automaticity, at least it does on my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So far, about 35mpg (British) with just me driving in the city, a little lower (32) with one or two passengers. I haven’t gone on any long drives out of the city yet. 150 miles total. I filled up the tank with 97Ron petrol, haven’t used Sport mode, and I do use i-stop. Not really sure if that’s good or bad economy, not got much to compare it with.

Thanks for the parking tip, LFGM.
I have just ordered the 2wd version, I pick it up next week. The economy of the 4wd spec put me off. I just thought for me it was pointless as mostly town driving. I am now doubting my choice as that is amazing economy which you are currently getting! That is really good I think. I will be looking out for you as I am Edinburgh based! I have not seen a single one of these on the road! Not once! Apparently they are top Mazda seller! I am livid about current restrictions as it could be Christmas Day before I get to have a good spin.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have just ordered the 2wd version, I pick it up next week. The economy of the 4wd spec put me off. I just thought for me it was pointless as mostly town driving.
I have a FWD version, very impressed with the fuel economy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What are you pulling in? I will be sky active x 2.0.
info on my vehicle is in my signature section at the bottom of the post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
info on my vehicle is in my signature section at the bottom of the post.
Looks lovely. I meant your mpg figure. I am always trying to see how close they are to the manufacturer figures. Over in UK we have the Honest John Website. Handy as owners put in their actual figures and it gives a really good average. Cx-30 not on it as so new! I love the lights in your pic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks lovely. I meant your mpg figure. I am always trying to see how close they are to the manufacturer figures. Over in UK we have the Honest John Website. Handy as owners put in their actual figures and it gives a really good average. Cx-30 not on it as so new! I love the lights in your pic.
thanks, Transport Canada's official rating on my vehicle with FWD is city 9.3 (30.4 mpg imperial), hwy 7.1 (39.8 mpg), however I only have filled up the fuel tank twice since getting the vehicle (I wait till the low fuel light comes on). My last fill up covered 608 km and got an average of 6.9 or 40.9 mpg for that fill calculated manually.
For shorter trips (using the display trip read-out for drive results, great feature to show you how your fuel is used and how it can be effected with various conditions) I've shown even better. I'm also comparing to my previous vehicle which also had a 6-speed auto but smaller hp engine by 22 hp and less torque by 35 lb. ft. and smaller in length but slightly taller and not as aerodynamic in shape.

Reactions: Thomas D

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks, Transport Canada's official rating on my vehicle with FWD is city 9.3 (30.4 mpg imperial), hwy 7.1 (39.8 mpg), however I only have filled up the fuel tank twice since getting the vehicle (I wait till the low fuel light comes on). My last fill up covered 608 km and got an average of 6.9 or 40.9 mpg for that fill calculated manually.
For shorter trips (using the display trip read-out for drive results, great feature to show you how your fuel is used and how it can be effected with various conditions) I've shown even better. I'm also comparing to my previous vehicle which also had a 6-speed auto but smaller hp engine by 22 hp and less torque by 35 lb. ft. and smaller in length but slightly taller and not as aerodynamic in shape.

View attachment 1159
That is amazing with a new engine. Looking forward to see what I end up getting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts