Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I bought a 3-month-old CX-30 SkyActiv-X GT Sport Tech in Soul Red yesterday and pick my new ride up this coming Friday.

Looking forward to being a member here and joining in the discussions.

Drive safe!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts
welcome and congrats from south eastern, Ontario, Canada.

Stay safe, I hear you are back into a major lock-down again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome and congrats from south eastern, Ontario, Canada.

Stay safe, I hear you are back into a major lock-down again.
Thank you. I'll try to get some pictures of the new car on Friday when I pick it up.

We are back in lockdown, that's right. However it's a softer sort of lock-down than the one we had from March in that we can still go out and about. It's more or a leisure lockdown this time.

Stay safe

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
411 Posts
Thank you. I'll try to get some pictures of the new car on Friday when I pick it up.

We are back in lockdown, that's right. However it's a softer sort of lock-down than the one we had from March in that we can still go out and about. It's more or a leisure lockdown this time.

Stay safe
4 more sleeps...lol.
you picked the right colour... 😎

just a note, make sure the dealer updates the infotainment firmware ( 0049) to the latest , as this adds speed camera alert plus other bug fixes..👍, ( if they don't , its a ten minute job to do it yourself...here HiDrive )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4 more sleeps...lol.
You think I'm sleeping at nights??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But yes, can't wait. Trading my 2011 BMW 5-series, so we'll head over in that and head home in the CX-30.

I know. It's gorgeous. :cool: It'll go very nicely alongside my metallic blue SLK

just a note, make sure the dealer updates the infotainment firmware ( 0049) to the latest , as this adds speed camera alert plus other bug fixes..👍, ( if they don't , its a ten minute job to do it yourself...here HiDrive )
Noted. I'll ask, but if not, I can do that myself. Thanks for the link. As the car was only new in August, it did ought to be on the latest version.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You think I'm sleeping at nights??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But yes, can't wait. Trading my 2011 BMW 5-series, so we'll head over in that and head home in the CX-30.

I know. It's gorgeous. :cool: It'll go very nicely alongside my metallic blue SLK

Noted. I'll ask, but if not, I can do that myself. Thanks for the link. As the car was only new in August, it did ought to be on the latest version.
I admire your faith 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
27 Posts
4 more sleeps...lol.

View attachment 1113

Updated the firmware to 49 myself as you say it is easy, but I would advise you do a checksum to ensure the download matches ok. I have the speed camera notifications, but still no vocal warnings of over speeding as others on this site manage to get. I have checked appropriate boxes, but all I get is the annoying continuous beeping sound if over the limit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Updated the firmware to 49 myself as you say it is easy, but I would advise you do a checksum to ensure the download matches ok. I have the speed camera notifications, but still no vocal warnings of over speeding as others on this site manage to get. I have checked appropriate boxes, but all I get is the annoying continuous beeping sound if over the limit.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is another update in the near future... Maybe that will overight and give you voice alerts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well pleased. Dropped off the 5-series and picked it up this morning. All good.

30 miles on her already and all safety stuff appears to be working. Got to grips with her pretty quickly and, apart from disabling the lane assist, I've not had any issues.

Android Auto working straight away. Nice not to have to house the phone on the dash somewhere. (y) Seems very composed on the lanes around the New Forest - but the number of cars, vans and cyclists throwing themselves at me on my journey home was ridiculous!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts