Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 G25 Astina AWD | Snowflake White Pearl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a CX-30 G25 Astina AWD in Snowflake Pearl, I'm so excited to take delivery of my car on Thursday this week hopefully. 🤞

Any tips before I take delivery? I'm concerned that my car will be covered in scratches by the dealership from improper washing... I'll send my salesman a text about it. I went back to the dealership to facetime my parents the car I bought but it was already moved out back, however from the street lights beaming down on the cars I saw swirl marks on all the brand new cars wtf!!!! Should I refuse delivery if mine has marring/swirl marks in the paintwork?

It will be the hardest thing refusing delivery as I just want my car now!!! My old car got written off last month so I've been rushed into purchasing my not-so-ideal CX-30. I wanted dark exterior with white interior but I got the opposite which is really starting to grow on me, I'm starting to embrace the contrasting cladding.

How much did other Aussie buyers negotiate off their cars? I got about $4,000 off mine and free floormats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a CX-30 G25 Astina AWD in Snowflake Pearl, I'm so excited to take delivery of my car on Thursday this week hopefully. 🤞

Any tips before I take delivery? I'm concerned that my car will be covered in scratches by the dealership from improper washing... I'll send my salesman a text about it. I went back to the dealership to facetime my parents the car I bought but it was already moved out back, however from the street lights beaming down on the cars I saw swirl marks on all the brand new cars wtf!!!! Should I refuse delivery if mine has marring/swirl marks in the paintwork?

It will be the hardest thing refusing delivery as I just want my car now!!! My old car got written off last month so I've been rushed into purchasing my not-so-ideal CX-30. I wanted dark exterior with white interior but I got the opposite which is really starting to grow on me, I'm starting to embrace the contrasting cladding.

How much did other Aussie buyers negotiate off their cars? I got about $4,000 off mine and free floormats.
Congratulations chill , I’ve got the same car but in the soul red with black leather, $4600 discount plus free mats . Done 7000 klms now and no issues. I messed up and wiped the plastic instrument cluster panel with a reading glass cloth when dry and the dust managed to fine scratch the piss poor soft plastic, I’ve managed to buff most of it out with plastx but in certain light you can still see one scratch across the centre of panel grrrrrrr . Can’t believe how you have beautiful leather everywhere then this cheap soft plastic, it’s the same on Mazda 3 and cx5 . This forum recommends blowing dust first or using a damp sponge to remove dust first. Mazda actually give you a cloth to wipe your info screen, but no mention of method lol anyway hopefully your car arrives scratch free and enjoy

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
Air, or a very very soft, new, 1 inch paint brush to clean the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
67 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Thailand and congratulations on your new ride. No discounts in Thailand but got all weather mats, cargo tray, rain deflectors, car cover and free first years car insurance. That's how it's done in Thailand. One thing in common we both have right hand drive cars. My car is also Pearl White. First thing I did was get it ceramic coated. No swirls anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations chill , I’ve got the same car but in the soul red with black leather, $4600 discount plus free mats . Done 7000 klms now and no issues. I messed up and wiped the plastic instrument cluster panel with a reading glass cloth when dry and the dust managed to fine scratch the piss poor soft plastic, I’ve managed to buff most of it out with plastx but in certain light you can still see one scratch across the centre of panel grrrrrrr . Can’t believe how you have beautiful leather everywhere then this cheap soft plastic, it’s the same on Mazda 3 and cx5 . This forum recommends blowing dust first or using a damp sponge to remove dust first. Mazda actually give you a cloth to wipe your info screen, but no mention of method lol anyway hopefully your car arrives scratch free and enjoy
Great to see another owner in Australian with the same car. I was so happy with the discount I got, I couldn’t believe it considering it’s a new model for this year. Good to know about the cheap plastic, my 2005 was the same and was covered in scratches from previous owner/s.

The feature I’m probably most looking forward to is the adaptive headlights (AHL), do you do any rural driving? How do they do?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great to see another owner in Australian with the same car. I was so happy with the discount I got, I couldn’t believe it considering it’s a new model for this year. Good to know about the cheap plastic, my 2005 was the same and was covered in scratches from previous owner/s.

The feature I’m probably most looking forward to is the adaptive headlights (AHL), do you do any rural driving? How do they do?
I’m in tweed heads and have traveled as far south as Yamba on about 5 occasions, the lights are absolutely awesome although the automatic dimmer for oncoming traffic isn’t always quick enough but you can manually press a button located on the end of indicator stick , press it a second time and automatic headlights resume , had a few trucks flash me so now I usually do it myself as the lights are incredibly bright , great for spotting kangaroos on the verge as you go around corners

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m in tweed heads and have traveled as far south as Yamba on about 5 occasions, the lights are absolutely awesome although the automatic dimmer for oncoming traffic isn’t always quick enough but you can manually press a button located on the end of indicator stick , press it a second time and automatic headlights resume , had a few trucks flash me so now I usually do it myself as the lights are incredibly bright , great for spotting kangaroos on the verge as you go around corners
ah yeah, I see.. do the lights turn around corners like US spec cars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another thing, almost the deal breaker why I almost didn’t buy the car, I noticed the AC kept turning off when I was driving. It was only 32 degrees on my test drive and it gets well over 40 up here in north qld. The cabin never got cold even on my 45 minute test drive, have you noticed this? Is there a fix for it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another thing, almost the deal breaker why I almost didn’t buy the car, I noticed the AC kept turning off when I was driving. It was only 32 degrees on my test drive and it gets well over 40 up here in north qld. The cabin never got cold even on my 45 minute test drive, have you noticed this? Is there a fix for it?
Mine works fine but I remember reading on this forum a lot of people complaining that AC is weak and when accelerating the AC temporary doesn’t get power ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts