Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Having done heaps of research have taken the plunge and ordered a Mazda CX-30 for delivery in September once the new registrations kick in.

Gone for the 180ps 2WD GT Sport Tech Auto SkyActiv-X model in Sould Red Crystal Metallic, with a few small extras added.

Got a great deal from my local dealer who not only looked after me financially but made the experience what it should be when buying a new car - unlike some dealers I spoke to where the experience was far from pleasant.

Looking forward to getting the car and making her my own.

Would like to fit a front and rear dashcam but dont think mazda make their own model so will have to do some research.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Welcome aboard looking forward to seeing the pics :)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
welcome and congrats (y) (y) from southern Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
158 Posts
Hi

Having done heaps of research have taken the plunge and ordered a Mazda CX-30 for delivery in September once the new registrations kick in.

Gone for the 180ps 2WD GT Sport Tech Auto SkyActiv-X model in Sould Red Crystal Metallic, with a few small extras added.

Got a great deal from my local dealer who not only looked after me financially but made the experience what it should be when buying a new car - unlike some dealers I spoke to where the experience was far from pleasant.

Would like to fit a front and rear dashcam but dont think mazda make their own model so will have to do some research.
Oh my gosh, welcome aboard widdle fellie ❤❤ I can't wait to see what future adventures you and your new pride and joy will show us 😃

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
334 Posts
Hello from just down the road😎

·
Registered
334 Posts
Regarding dash cams
Me and my son have the
Viofo a119 . Had them for over 3yrs no problems, discreet as well

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Steve

Thanks for this. DO you have this in your CX-30 - and if so is it hard wired or through the 12v socket?\\G

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ive been looking into a dashcam as well, that looks interesting Steve, any pics of it in situ and how you cabled it?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv X AWD UK
6 Posts
I moved my BlackVue dual channel dash cam set from my old Mazda 6 when I traded it in - the dealer fit it (and did a really good job I might add) for 100 quid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

You wont regret it, great car !!!! took me about 20 mins to install both my front and rear dash cams, wired into the fuse box with the nextbase hardwire kit, all i had to remove and replace was a bit of door seal, scuff trims and a bit of tucking here and there !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ive been looking into a dashcam as well, that looks interesting Steve, any pics of it in situ and how you cabled it?
Sorry I missed your reply . I'll get a few pictures of the camera institution.

·
Registered
334 Posts
860[/ATTACH]
here are a few quick pictures, the cable just lips into the headlining and down the door pillar, under the passenger chair and connected into the centre console usb, i used a 7m mini usb cable.
the camera is small and out of the way, has worked for me and my son for 3 yrs plus., the data was used when a car clipped the mirror off our cx3,the camera is hd , good night vision and full gps,etc., the newer verion is even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
this is the orginal video review that lead to my purchase..mine is v2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info - am picking up the car Saturday so will try to get something arranged asap. On a different note - if I want to use the Apple Car Play I believe I have to use the USB Plug rather than wirelessly - any idea if you need a long or short lead for this? Cant see from the photos where the phone would sit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the info - am picking up the car Saturday so will try to get something arranged asap. On a different note - if I want to use the Apple Car Play I believe I have to use the USB Plug rather than wirelessly - any idea if you need a long or short lead for this? Cant see from the photos where the phone would sit
Hi you can put an android or apple phone at the front console in front of the gear shift where there is a little recess (in which case use a short USB lead) or inside the arm rest. Both USB connections support music / video playback (video mp4 if car is stopped) and android / apple.

Ed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts