Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up a CX-30 Astina 2.5L (top of the line here in Australia), and I thought I'd dip into the reservoir of knowledge here to ask a few things that stood out..

1) Does anybody have issues displaying Song and Artist text using the radio? I've tried DAB and FM, while I am able to go deep into the menu to see what is playing, it doesn't display up front. My partner said she saw it at first, but after changing from the first station, never again.

2) When driving home the front windscreen started to fog up, pressed the demister button (windscreen) which worked, but it cranked the aircon to max power, even depressing the windscreen button, aircon is at max blasting through the front vents, have to press - to get it back down to gentle setting. Normal behavior?

3) Reversing into the garage for the second time rear parking alarm wasn't beeping. Not sure if I got the angle dead on or what, it's a pretty narrow space and I'm not amazing at reverse parking.

4) Any way to tell the difference in engine between 2.0 and 2.5. I don't think they've put the wrong engine in, but I'd like to know for sure as the car has no markings to indicate 2.5 that I can see.

Overall happy so far for the 20km or whatever I've driven it for. Just seems like there might be some software issues going on. Before I started it for the first time, a low battery warning was beeping and displaying onscreen somewhere.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
807 Posts
the 8th digit in your VIN number tells you the engine. Mine is a "L" which indicates a 2.5L gasoline engine

Reactions: Xxezz

·
Registered
2021 CX30 SEL
9 Posts
Hi all,

Just picked up a CX-30 Astina 2.5L (top of the line here in Australia), and I thought I'd dip into the reservoir of knowledge here to ask a few things that stood out..

3) Reversing into the garage for the second time rear parking alarm wasn't beeping. Not sure if I got the angle dead on or what, it's a pretty narrow space and I'm not amazing at reverse parking.
I find the reversing sensors terrible, the worst I've had on any car, they sometimes don't register as I slowly reverse towards the obstacle and then go mad as they suddenly realise they are at the closest position, they are so bad I have fitted an after market reversing camera as I just don't trust them.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Touring, Vision, SnowflakeWhitePearl
20 Posts
Hi all,

1) Does anybody have issues displaying Song and Artist text using the radio? I've tried DAB and FM, while I am able to go deep into the menu to see what is playing, it doesn't display up front. My partner said she saw it at first, but after changing from the first station, never again.

2) When driving home the front windscreen started to fog up, pressed the demister button (windscreen) which worked, but it cranked the aircon to max power, even depressing the windscreen button, aircon is at max blasting through the front vents, have to press - to get it back down to gentle setting. Normal behavior?

4) Any way to tell the difference in engine between 2.0 and 2.5. I don't think they've put the wrong engine in, but I'd like to know for sure as the car has no markings to indicate 2.5 that I can see.

Overall happy so far for the 20km or whatever I've driven it for. Just seems like there might be some software issues going on. Before I started it for the first time, a low battery warning was beeping and displaying onscreen somewhere.

Cheers.
G'day, fellow aussie here and owner of a CX-30 G20 Touring.

1) Unsure about this one, from memory I believe basic radio just shows the station for me- but I use android auto all the time so I could be mistaken. Will check next time I go for a drive and report back.
2) Yes, normal behaviour. I believe it's somewhat automatic? Not sure exactly, but mine does this too, I believe just to get the job done quickly. I also end up pressing the -'s.
3) Reversing into the garage my sensors work the same as my other car- they do work in general until you pass the entry point... then again when nearing the back wall. There is a "Parking sensor OFF switch" next to the i-stop and camera button on the RHS of steering wheel. More info: https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/cx-30/cx-30_8hq1ee19i/contents/05200100.html
4) Not sure how to tell that, maybe by referencing your engine number somewhere, but I don't know where. Anyway, the G25 Astina definitely comes with a 2.5L engine, so as long as your receipt says G25 and not G20, then yes I'm sure you have a 2.5L engine. I think there is quite close to zero chance that kind of mistake could be made during assembly.

I believe early models (like, 2019 models unless I'm mistaken) had battery drain issues. I believe this was fixed for later models. I've got a June 2020 manufactured CX-30 Touring and so far haven't had any battery drain issues.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Battery drain issue is on North American models with a TCU Telematics Control Unit with myMazdaApp and local telco eSIM, Australia and most of world does not get this feature (TCU), but some in EU/UK do like new MX-30.

The Bat Drain Fix is an update of TCU Firmware just out.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo
1 Posts
Battery drain issue is on North American models with a TCU Telematics Control Unit with myMazdaApp and local telco eSIM, Australia and most of world does not get this feature (TCU), but some in EU/UK do like new MX-30.

The Bat Drain Fix is an update of TCU Firmware just out.
Hi, I think I experienced the same battery drain issue a couple of days ago. Does the car update the firmware automatically, or is there something I need to do?
Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers.
Hi first time joining this forum. Finally found someone else who is having trouble with radio displaying song and artist.
I have a CX30 G20 Touring purchased in 2020. It is very hit and miss with the display. I will have it for a couple of weeks then stops. I have had back once to service was told by admin lady that radios don't always display .
( Not true ) Just use android like her. I have kept an eye on it since and just randomly displays some weeks then nothing.
I will be back to complain again and hopefully get some answers. I hope you do too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts