Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shortcut may be in the owners manual but I didn't see it.

I listen to music most of the time while driving and sometimes when I pull into the garage a good song is playing and I want to hear it till the song end. Usually I just keep the engine running and don't shut it off till the song ends.

Well today when I pulled into the garage I accidently shut the engine off while in Drive. Low and behold the car went into Accessory Mode (ACC). I then just put the car in park and listened to the song uninterrupted.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 iSport - Sonic Silver
48 Posts
In my case, when setting gearbox in P, depres the selector lever button (The button you need to press when changing from P to R or from D to R) and while pressed, hit the Start/Stop button.
You need 2 hands to do it, but works

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Or they could take a lesson from Hyundai. Park car, shift to park, turn engine off, sit in car. Radio stays on for 10 minutes or until driver door is opened. Passenger can get out of car without shutting off radio. Driver's door is the trigger. Far better than any of these user system hacks since that's how it should be. But it's good to know these since our cars aren't as intelligent as they could/should be.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury Package
38 Posts
I am not sure, but after you put the car in P and press the start/stop button without depressing the brake pedal, will it not go to ACC?

I will try this today and confirm.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 GT Turbo
12 Posts
The manual says, under Emergency Engine Stop: "Continuously pressing the push button start or quickly pressing it any number of times while the engine is running or the vehicle is being driven will turn the engine off immediately. The ignition switches to ACC."

Maybe holding the button while the car is in park would work.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
167 Posts
Or they could take a lesson from Hyundai. Park car, shift to park, turn engine off, sit in car. Radio stays on for 10 minutes or until driver door is opened. Passenger can get out of car without shutting off radio. Driver's door is the trigger. Far better than any of these user system hacks since that's how it should be. But it's good to know these since our cars aren't as intelligent as they could/should be.
Vw as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts