Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I went to my service manager and showed him his and so he took a picture of it and sent it to Mazda warranty claims and they approved it .. so getting a new steering wheel cus it's driving me crazy.. Im not even sure why this happened.. haven't been harsh on it etc but at least Mazda is being really good about it and my new steering wheel should be in Friday to have it done under warranty next week.

·
Registered
CX-30 Premium FWD Polymetal Gray
3 Posts
I've experienced the same damage. The outer material is very soft and prone being torn by a fingernail. I bought a cover but if Mazda is replacing the steering under warranty I'll contact my dealer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is not a good sign. Long term durability looks very questionable.
I am curious on how mazda 3 owners steering wheels are fairing as its the same one in the mazda 3 so considering the warranty claim was approved in a snap of fingers it must be a known issue?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've experienced the same damage. The outer material is very soft and prone being torn by a fingernail. I bought a cover but if Mazda is replacing the steering under warranty I'll contact my dealer.
yes my dealership took a photo and sent it to Mazda and it got approved under warranty.. its a almost $500 part..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
So last week I went to my service manager and showed him his and so he took a picture of it and sent it to Mazda warranty claims and they approved it .. so getting a new steering wheel cus it's driving me crazy.. Im not even sure why this happened.. haven't been harsh on it etc but at least Mazda is being really good about it and my new steering wheel should be in Friday to have it done under warranty next week. View attachment 1019
That sucks!!! Very happy to hear they are replacing it... Looks like a manufacturing defect for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am curious on how mazda 3 owners steering wheels are fairing as its the same one in the mazda 3 so considering the warranty claim was approved in a snap of fingers it must be a known issue?
I've got a 2019 3 and although mine isn't nearly as bad, it's starting to wear decently...

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's not good ... I got lucky and it's a warranty replacement.. if you still have warranty left .. try and see if you can have yours replaced.
Yeah I'm only a year/10k miles into my warranty so I'm good. Have a service appointment beginning of November so I'll bring it up...unacceptable for a car with only 10,000 miles

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm only a year/10k miles into my warranty so I'm good. Have a service appointment beginning of November so I'll bring it up...unacceptable for a car with only 10,000 miles
Yah that's not acceptable.. shouldn't have to have to use a granny wheel cover eaither.. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2015 Mazda3 steering wheel lost all coating on the bottom of the wheel. Never thought to submit a warranty claim. My 2019 Mazda3 preferred has no problems after 16,000 miles and 14 months.

I have heard it is a known problem. I will probably inspect mine just before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Don't hesitate 🙂 if you have the same issue .. just in case you are in doubt of a warranty claim here is a email I have from my dealership . Also yah my Radar sensor had gone little cooco.. so that's warranty to lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts