Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Polymetal grey GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G auto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd say hi, new member here from the UK! I got my brand new CX-30 in March and thought it's about time I got on this forum. I have a GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G automatic in polymetal grey. This is my very first Mazda and I'm loving it so far. I'm finding it a really relaxed comfortable and quiet car. Love the premium looking interior and the car is also a great looker from the outside too. I think the Mazda is by far the best looking car in this sector, nothing else I tried came close! Anyway, I look forward to getting some good info and advice from the other members on here. Also I will try to help out anyone else if possible.

DSC02011.JPG

·
Registered
177 Posts
Such a nice looking car at the Euro ride height. I have a polymetal 3. I wish it were as blue as it appears in photos.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk from Wiltshire in the UK. Nice looking car you have there!

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

Reactions: almazda

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to CX30Talk from Wiltshire in the UK. Nice looking car you have there!

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)
Thanks for the info 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Such a nice looking car at the Euro ride height. I have a polymetal 3. I wish it were as blue as it appears in photos.
How is the Euro height different? Is it lower or higher?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lower by one inch. Sounds like not much but noticeably diminishes the unsightly wheel to fender gap of North American cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lower by one inch. Sounds like not much but noticeably diminishes the unsightly wheel to fender gap of North American cars.
Ah, I see. Yeah I think mine looks about right, wouldn't really want it any higher than that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Why is there a difference?
I can only speculate. Maybe something to do with customer polling or clinics over here where customers expressed a greater need for additional ground clearance , or just to look more seriously off road capable. For whatever reason , I'm sure Mazda was trying to cater to inferred need/ taste differences from each side of the pond.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Euro Height would be nice. I just washed my CX-30 Turbo for the 3rd time since I bought it, and was JUST able to reach across to the center of the roof and windshield, standing barefoot on tip-toe. Even though I'm just a bit over 5'9", My 6' arm span make it just possible. One inch less would be welcome...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess

I can only speculate. Maybe something to do with customer polling or clinics over here where customers expressed a greater need for additional ground clearance , or just to look more seriously off road capable. For whatever reason , I'm sure Mazda was trying to cater to inferred need/ taste differences from each side of the pond.
Ok, so I gather it's just a cosmetic choice by Mazda, right?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
283 Posts
Personally, I would not have bought it if it was lower...need the ground clearance for snow

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
48 Posts
I'm looking to buy one in the same colour. I'm not convinced by the much more expensive SkyActiv X and note you chose the G auto version. Do you find the power and acceleration on this OK and what fuel consumption do you get on a long trip at 70 mph and in mixed driving?

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
48 Posts
How is the Euro height different? Is it lower or higher?
The UK CX30 has a ground clearance of 180mm and wheelbase 2655mm giving a breakover angle of 15.44 degrees. This is a much better breakover angle than the new Mazda 3 which I've ruled out since it has a reduced brakover angle compared to the old model and would scrape my steep drive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in the Netherlands, which is flatter than a pancake and with boring weather (90% rain and wind, 8% sun and wind, 1% sun and no wind, 1% snow), excellent road maintenance, 0.5% unpaved road network... so the lower the car, the better it works.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
48 Posts
I live in the Netherlands, which is flatter than a pancake and with boring weather (90% rain and wind, 8% sun and wind, 1% sun and no wind, 1% snow), excellent road maintenance, 0.5% unpaved road network... so the lower the car, the better it works.
You are fine to buy a car with a very poor breakover angle like a Mercedes saloon, Honda Civic or Toyota Prius

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm looking to buy one in the same colour. I'm not convinced by the much more expensive SkyActiv X and note you chose the G auto version. Do you find the power and acceleration on this OK and what fuel consumption do you get on a long trip at 70 mph and in mixed driving?
Yeah,I didn't bother with the X because it costs so much more and I don't really need the extra power. Also it puts it in a much higher insurance group and the servicing costs more. I have so far found the power and acceleration fine for what I need. Feels similar to my previous 1.4 tsi VW Golf. It needs revving a bit more than a turbo car, but it's not too bad. Around town etc it doesn't really feel any different to the Skyactiv X model I test drove. I can't accurately gauge fuel consumption, because I haven't had it that long and it's still being run in. Haven't had the chance to do much long distance/fast driving yet. At the moment I find around town and in traffic its only getting in the low thirties mpg but on longer runs I've had it up to just over 40mpg. I'm hoping this will improve a bit over time though.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
48 Posts
Yeah,I didn't bother with the X because it costs so much more and I don't really need the extra power. Also it puts it in a much higher insurance group and the servicing costs more. I have so far found the power and acceleration fine for what I need. Feels similar to my previous 1.4 tsi VW Golf. It needs revving a bit more than a turbo car, but it's not too bad. Around town etc it doesn't really feel any different to the Skyactiv X model I test drove. I can't accurately gauge fuel consumption, because I haven't had it that long and it's still being run in. Haven't had the chance to do much long distance/fast driving yet. At the moment I find around town and in traffic its only getting in the low thirties mpg but on longer runs I've had it up to just over 40mpg. I'm hoping this will improve a bit over time though.
I agree the G version is much better value and more refined according to many reports. The mileage you need to drive to recoup the extra cost of the X version in fuel saved is over 300k miles at UK prices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts