Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I’m new here so I don’t really know if this is the correct place to post this but I just got a new cx-30 and am looking to get some new rims. Although I know the stock tires aren’t the greatest quality, they are good enough for now So I am looking to reuse them with the new rims. I found a good deal on some TOUREN® - TR60 3260 and wanted to get some input as to whether or not these wheels will have any issues on the car. I’ve done some research and know they will fit, but I’m unsure about what the increase from the stock 7 inch width to 8 inches using stock tires will cause in terms of fitment, vehicle wear as well as ride quality. Also wondering if the difference in offset from the stock 45 to 40 will make any difference. I know there is info on this topic all over google but every vehicle is different so I just thought maybe you guys would have some more specific input as to whether these wheels are a good fit for the car or not.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
87 Posts
I went to 8” wide with 45mm offset. Dealer installed the stock tires on the new rims and I kept the snow tires on the stock wheels. Bought the mags at the dealer and was assured this size was no problem. However I couldn’t tolerate the stock tires and went with 235/50 Continentals.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to 8” wide with 45mm offset. Dealer installed the stock tires on the new rims and I kept the snow tires on the stock wheels. Bought the mags at the dealer and was assured this size was no problem. However I couldn’t tolerate the stock tires and went with 235/50 Continentals.
thank you for your help! Can I ask how much the dealer charged to swap the stock tires to the new rims plus install? Also was your issue with the quality of the stock tires or the fitment of the 215s on 8 inch wide wheels? Also, do you have any photos? There aren’t many photos of the cx-30 with aftermarket wheels.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Hi and welcome to CX30Talk. We're pleased to hear that you're happy with your CX-30. Perhaps you can post an introduction here so we can welcome you properly to the forum. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
thank you for your help! Can I ask how much the dealer charged to swap the stock tires to the new rims plus install? Also was your issue with the quality of the stock tires or the fitment of the 215s on 8 inch wide wheels? Also, do you have any photos? There aren’t many photos of the cx-30 with aftermarket wheels.
I paid $1500CAD tax in for the wheels, TPMS,
Mounting and balancing and storage fee for the winter tires. My snow tires stayed on the stock wheels.

I had no experience on the stock tires as snows were on the car when I bought it. Coming off the Michelin X-ice the stock tires were harsh. Completely changed the ride quality. Since I bought 8” it was a no brainer to go with 235/50. I got a deal on Continental DWS and after adjusting the tire pressure to compensate for the extra volume, I absolutely love them. Less on center steering feel but I can live with it.

I have pics posted on the forum, just search by my user name.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch polymetal gray over red/blk
273 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Hi! I’m new here so I don’t really know if this is the correct place to post this but I just got a new cx-30 and am looking to get some new rims. Although I know the stock tires aren’t the greatest quality, they are good enough for now So I am looking to reuse them with the new rims. I found a good deal on some TOUREN® - TR60 3260 and wanted to get some input as to whether or not these wheels will have any issues on the car. I’ve done some research and know they will fit, but I’m unsure about what the increase from the stock 7 inch width to 8 inches using stock tires will cause in terms of fitment, vehicle wear as well as ride quality. Also wondering if the difference in offset from the stock 45 to 40 will make any difference. I know there is info on this topic all over google but every vehicle is different so I just thought maybe you guys would have some more specific input as to whether these wheels are a good fit for the car or not.
Thanks so much! View attachment 2229
I would not expect any problem with fitment, and those are nice looking rims, but 28lbs apiece?
A wheel upgrade is an opportunity to reduce unsprung weight. Doing so improves suspension response, fuel economy, steering response. acceleration and braking.
The wheels you have selected are 1.5 lbs heavier than the stock 26.5. which sends performance in the wrong direction.

The are quite a few wheels available in this size to fit the 30 from $150 to 200 per wheel, many with the weight falling between 23 and 24 lbs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good point @Maznut . My Fast FC04s are 18.5 lbs apiece, for example.

Got great help in selection from Guillaume the parts manager at my Mazda dealer. We started with an overall appearance I was wanting, and he found these were just about the lightest ones that were in my budget.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch polymetal gray over red/blk
273 Posts
Good point @Maznut . My Fast FC04s are 18.5 lbs apiece, for example.

Got great help in selection from Guillaume the parts manager at my Mazda dealer. We started with an overall appearance I was wanting, and he found these were just about the lightest ones that were in my budget.
Just assuming the OP might want to stay in the same price range of what he was looking at before. Were I going to bigger wheels, I would be thinking something similar to what you chose
which looks like a good value price vs weight. You would probably have to go to expensive forged to get much lighter. Look very nice too.

Laynej37, here are Randomroyalty's wheel pics.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would not expect any problem with fitment, and those are nice looking rims, but 28lbs apiece?
A wheel upgrade is an opportunity to reduce unsprung weight. Doing so improves suspension response, fuel economy, steering response. acceleration and braking.
The wheels you have selected are 1.5 lbs heavier than the stock 26.5. which sends performance in the wrong direction.

The are quite a few wheels available in this size to fit the 30 from $150 to 200 per wheel, many with the weight falling between 23 and 24 lbs.
I agree they’re heavy I’ll look at other options. Since you seem pretty knowledgeable, do you think 34 offset is too aggressive for the car for 18x8s

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree they’re heavy I’ll look at other options. Since you seem pretty knowledgeable, do you think 34 offset is too aggressive for the car for 18x8s
Okay thanks! Can I ask what the issue with this 34 offset would be? Asking because tire rack has many wheels that are a guarantee fit for my car with a offset between 34 and 38. I also spoke to a tire rack rep and he said that 34 is perfectly fine for my car, but I still wasn’t sure.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends on the look you are after, an 18 x 8 +34 will have the face of the tire/wheel outside of the fender. My 18 x 8 +40 is pretty much flush with the fender.
Thanks! I don’t mind it being pushed out a little as it should only come out 24mm more, or just under an inch, which I think would look nice. My concern is will this offset add any extra wear on the car. I know a large difference in offset can add extra stress but is a difference of 10 enough to do this?
I’m just having a hard time finding a answer when looking online.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
I would also suggest you try to stick with the 40-45mm offset. While you can mount all kinds of wheels on your vehicle, keeping it as close to the original specs will keep the dynamics of the car ride near where it should be.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo
47 Posts
I found this great page when I was looking for wheels. Plug in the stock and aftermarket sizing to get a ton of useful info:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.