Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
6 Posts
Fast FC04 18x8, 40mm offset in Titanium. This added 5mm inboard and 15mm outboard which makes them more flush to the wheel opening (but barely noticeable honestly). They are 8 lbs lighter than stock, however the Contis added back 3lbs.

Still, 5lbs less unsprung weight per corner is nothing to sneeze at.
I've seen those online but they aren't hub centric and concerned about the +15mm with rock chips, etc...

For now going with Winter tires on the OE 18" RIMS so I can have an extra 6 months to decide/find what I want for summers.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
Still, 5lbs less unsprung weight per corner is nothing to sneeze at.
I'm interested to hear what your fuel mileage does with these. That is a lot less unsprung weight to have to put into motion. I'm trying to find the weight of the stock 16" wheels for the same reason.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm interested to hear what your fuel mileage does with these. That is a lot less unsprung weight to have to put into motion. I'm trying to find the weight of the stock 16" wheels for the same reason.
Dropped a bit, highway about the same. The stock 18” wheels are 27lbs.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
$500/car is a HUGE amount for a manufacturing cost difference.
If a car manufacturer can get their spec for $1 less per tire, they will do it.

Other factor is shipping. For NA built Mazdas the Bridgestone plant is only a few hours away which I’m sure makes them more competitive.

Generally the luxury brands have higher specs for many parts that wear which is built in to the price you pay. Don’t expect $200 tires on a $30,000 car.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts