Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Turbo
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems a little too cutesy, gimmicky. And, IMO, reduces safety.

Blinkers should stab the eyeballs in traffic, not gently make suggestions.

I have a set of aftermarket led tails on my BRZ that have a sequential blinking option, and while they seemed 'cool' on that setting initially, I'll be changing them back to the full on/off snap that could make the diff between a close call and a neck brace, or worse.

I'll be looking for an aftermarket solution - I've sent this to Doide Dynamics for comment.

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Compared to other manufacturers, Mazda's rear indicator is a good size and is instant on. The fade out is Mazda's signature (like VW/Audi' s running light')

There are worse indicators on other modern cars. Peugeot (French car manufacturer here in Europe) have a tiny indicator on the rear of their cars that's right by the brake lights. You have to try and see the indicator flashing against the glare of the brake light, for instance.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
301 Posts
That sort of functionality is generally handled by the LED lighting controller, which means you'd either need to hack that or perhaps MacGyver a circuit to even out the voltage.

I don't have a problem with this functionality, but it is a bit strange.

·
Registered
CX-30 2021 2.0 186HP AT FWD
13 Posts
I am completely not phased by the lack of a blinker within my daylights. The low blinker is too thin (and too low), and not really sure how visible the rear-view mirrors in-built are. IMO, a complete oversight. What harm could another blinker possibly cause???

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
147 Posts
Compared to other manufacturers, Mazda's rear indicator is a good size and is instant on. The fade out is Mazda's signature (like VW/Audi' s running light')

There are worse indicators on other modern cars. Peugeot (French car manufacturer here in Europe) have a tiny indicator on the rear of their cars that's right by the brake lights. You have to try and see the indicator flashing against the glare of the brake light, for instance.
@savcom have you seen the tiny brake lights and indicators on the new Ford Puma, even smaller than the Pug :eek: makes me wonder how these cars pass safety regs, if the sun is on the rear of them too, you cannot see them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.