Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody found a good OBD2 Mazda CAN diagnostic adapter for CX-30 ? Japanese cars use a special pinout for their connector...
I looked at FIXD (which says its :"supposed to work" and a cheaper BAFX Products adapter. Found one made in france (KlavKarr) but they do not ship to the USA.
Just looking for something to view error codes should they pop up. Supposedly (can someone confirm this) the center screen console is supposed to give some indication
of check engine and other failures with error message. I just like having this tool around ,,,but has to be mazda compatible and bluetooth with android app..

Any feedback anyone ?

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
162 Posts
I have a 2000 Millenia and a 2006 Mazda3 and the OBD2 connector on my code scanner (a cheap one I bought at Autozone several years ago) works just fine. It also works on my Ford F150, Corvette, etc. I haven't tried it on my CX-30 but don't expect any trouble; have they made a change on the CX-30? I just did a search for a code scanner at the Autozone web page and it shows the OBD2 works on the CX-30. Are you looking for something other that what I think you're looking for? I have another gizmo that plugs up to my F150's OBD2 port and my laptop so I can make changes to things like turning off the annoying emergency brake warning, making the power folding door mirrors automatic, etc with ForScan - I wish it would work on the CX-30 because there's some changes I wouldn't mind making. Ha Ha

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2000 Millenia and a 2006 Mazda3 and the OBD2 connector on my code scanner (a cheap one I bought at Autozone several years ago) works just fine. It also works on my Ford F150, Corvette, etc. I haven't tried it on my CX-30 but don't expect any trouble; have they made a change on the CX-30? I just did a search for a code scanner at the Autozone web page and it shows the OBD2 works on the CX-30. Are you looking for something other that what I think you're looking for? I have another gizmo that plugs up to my F150's OBD2 port and my laptop so I can make changes to things like turning off the annoying emergency brake warning, making the power folding door mirrors automatic, etc with ForScan - I wish it would work on the CX-30 because there's some changes I wouldn't mind making. Ha Ha
There are others i have read online that have gotten the cheapy china ebay OBD2 adapters that produce an "error" when connected to the obd2 port...supposedly an older version of obd2 (ver 2.1 BUGGY implemetations)
Mazda connections again have different pinouts and the adapter would have to test and be able to recognise the different pinout...i just want to be careful as dont want to void warranty by plugging in
device that doesnt work and screwing something up ...some recommended adapters that were listed as higher quality were "Kiwi3" "viecar" "Vgate" "carista" "LELink" and "Veepeak"

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
345 Posts
The OBD system has been evolving and today there are more high speed communication circuits pinned into the connector than there used to be. On top of that the connector might be a gateway module or only go directly to a gateway that the manufacturers limit access to. As professional technicians we have to constantly upgrade our tools to support our customers needs. There is even a certification process at Autoauth.com that we have to register our tools with in order to protect our customers, ourselves, and the vehicle manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.