Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Turbo Premium Plus with 8000+ miles and I have had to top off the oil twice. I took the car to the dealer and they found nothing and said there was no oil burning - but when I search I found mention of this TSB - https://www.reddit.com/r/MazdaCX30/comments/qk8ocy . Does anyone else have an oil burning problem?

The issue is only with the Turbo units - non-turbos do not have the issue.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
41 Posts
I have 4700kms since mid August, no burning consumption issues, I am planning on changing the oil every 6 months so another 3 weeks to go. Drove the car more in the late summer/fall than the last few weeks. Will follow this thread!

So just realized reading the TSB - Since this issue has been reported after a valve stem seal modification, it is very likely that valve stem seal damage is causing oil to leak into the combustion chamber.

Why / When would one do a valve stem seal modification?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mines burn oil from day one. Low oil light came on at 2800 miles and I was like wtf? Then I learned from the dealership Mazda has no fix for it. Wished I would have known about this before purchasing the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
I'm at 8800 miles, changed my oil at 5000. No burning or loss yet.
But will check it more often since this could occur.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Turbo Premium Plus
44 Posts
2021 Turbo here.

Changed out my factory oil at 3500mi. Got a low warning about 1500mi later, so I checked for leaks underneath. Dipstick was reading between the holes, therefore half a quart low. I added the half quart and it's been 1700 miles since then, with recurrence of the warning light yet.

Something to note... 98% of the time, I'm putting around with barely any throttle. I got heavy into it for the first time in a while exiting a corner the other day and a huge plume of smoke was in my rearview. That didn't give me the best feeling. Starting to wonder if the amount of oil these engines burn will be problematic.

Keeping an eye on this thread and hope it's nothing major.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
318 Posts
2021 Turbo here.
Something to note... 98% of the time, I'm putting around with barely any throttle. I got heavy into it for the first time in a while exiting a corner the other day and a huge plume of smoke was in my rearview. That didn't give me the best feeling. Starting to wonder if the amount of oil these engines burn will be problematic.
If you usually drive with a light throttle and you happen to be in the north with these cold temperatures, you might have seen water vapor from inside if the exhaust condensing when it hit the cold air.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Turbo Premium Plus
44 Posts
If you usually drive with a light throttle and you happen to be in the north with these cold temperatures, you might have seen water vapor from inside if the exhaust condensing when it hit the cold air.
Yeah, that had crossed my mind as well as it was probably in the 20s (F) that day... but it seemed much thicker than that and I was probably 10-15 minutes into driving at that point. It’s still possible, so I’ll just be paying more attention to it.

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
139 Posts
Hello everyone ! I would like to know the month of manufacture because in the TBS report for cx-30 no VIN number. Mine Feb 21 with 6500 miles and an oil change already done and no oil consumption so I'm curious if this applies to all cx 30s. Thank you

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
234 Posts
I've always found turbo engines to be just a problem waiting to happen & not worth the potential headaches (especially over longer-term ownership).

Reactions: Leon B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello everyone ! I would like to know the month of manufacture because in the TBS report for cx-30 no VIN number. Mine Feb 21 with 6500 miles and an oil change already done and no oil consumption so I'm curious if this applies to all cx 30s. Thank you
It is up to September, mine is March.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update - after 2 low oil light and then going to the dealer - since the dealer and 1500 mile the oil level is unchanged. Very odd, but it was really cold here for a while or maybe the seal had to get really wet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2021 Turbo Premium Plus with 8000+ miles and I have had to top off the oil twice. I took the car to the dealer and they found nothing and said there was no oil burning - but when I search I found mention of this TSB - https://www.reddit.com/r/MazdaCX30/comments/qk8ocy . Does anyone else have an oil burning problem?

The issue is only with the Turbo units - non-turbos do not have the issue.
Our 2021 Mazda CX-30 turbo has 5,600 miles and the low oil light came on. Checked and it's a quart low. But happy at all about this. Car is awesome other than this but I consider oil consumption a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
What month production? Should be on the driver's door pillar.
This is a great question and a great start to some serious data collection. My car has 6,000 miles on it and 3/21 is the manufacture date. It is NOT BURNING oil that I can tell. As soon as I hit "post reply" I'm going to find some wood to knock on.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts