Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
You know.....I was just thinking that my oil consumption seemed to start right after I started using regular 87 octane. Since May of last year when I bought the car new, I had been using 93. I started using 87 mainly because of gas prices right now and also because the owner's manual says it's OK and the computer will adjust. Coincidence? Probably. I'll keep an eye on this and do a little experimenting in the next month or so until the CX-30 goes bye bye. My 2022 MX-5 Club will be built today and shipped......likely August before it gets here.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
41 Posts
You know.....I was just thinking that my oil consumption seemed to start right after I started using regular 87 octane. Since May of last year when I bought the car new, I had been using 93. I started using 87 mainly because of gas prices right now and also because the owner's manual says it's OK and the computer will adjust. Coincidence? Probably. I'll keep an eye on this and do a little experimenting in the next month or so until the CX-30 goes bye bye. My 2022 MX-5 Club will be built today and shipped......likely August before it gets here.
Why were you using 93 when 91 is recommended. You were wasting $ then, so why didn't you just use 91 all along?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2022 Turbo premium about 3 months ago. I happened to check my oil and it was about 1/2 quart low. 2,800 miles. Not happy with what I am reading here. I sure hope Mazda is going to fix this issue. I will notify the dealer I bought it from so at least maybe they will notify me of any new news.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 2022 Turbo premium about 3 months ago. I happened to check my oil and it was about 1/2 quart low. 2,800 miles. Not happy with what I am reading here. I sure hope Mazda is going to fix this issue. I will notify the dealer I bought it from so at least maybe they will notify me of any new news.
I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have the excess oil consumption issue (which is the only reason I still haven't placed an order for a CX30 turbo yet).

Document when and what mileage you have along with the oil level at each reading. Pictures can help as well. If resolving this comes down to a fight with Mazda, you want facts and evidence to back up your assertions.

Don't count on the dealer knowing or telling you much about recent news or developments. Most of the dealers I've dealt with over the years either had to be educated about issues or pretended not to know about them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called the dealership and spoke with a service rep. I was told Mazda is aware and is working on a repair for this issue. The dealers are very interested in this issue along with a proper fix. The CX30 turbo is a hot seller and they want to keep it that way. For now though he said for me to bring it in at oil change which is in about 2,000 miles and tell the person who helps me to put it in my file that this vehicle is using oil. Along with watching my oil levels. For now, I guess we all wait. I really do like this vehicle. It drives and handles great. Interior is comfortable, just feels like a solid vehicle.

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
139 Posts
I called the dealership and spoke with a service rep. I was told Mazda is aware and is working on a repair for this issue. The dealers are very interested in this issue along with a proper fix. The CX30 turbo is a hot seller and they want to keep it that way. For now though he said for me to bring it in at oil change which is in about 2,000 miles and tell the person who helps me to put it in my file that this vehicle is using oil. Along with watching my oil levels. For now, I guess we all wait. I really do like this vehicle. It drives and handles great. Interior is comfortable, just feels like a solid vehicle.
I thought it was only the models of the year 2021. I would have thought that the 2022 models would have been modified ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is the build date for your vehicle?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
Why were you using 93 when 91 is recommended. You were wasting $ then, so why didn't you just use 91 all along?
87, 89 and 93 around here. No 91.....

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT Sonic Silver & 22 3 Sport Soul Red
116 Posts
Any updates from 2.5 Turbo owners about this oil consumption issue?
I would be interested in an update too, as my Turbo is to be delivered to me in the next two weeks.
If she’s an oil user from the factory when new, it’ll be a pass on acceptance and I will move on to something else.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anecdotes are not data, but my 2022 Turbo (build date of Feb 2022) has not exhibited any unusual oil consumption at 3,000 miles.
Excellent point, let’s hope that does not change for a long time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anecdotes are not data, but my 2022 Turbo (build date of Feb 2022) has not exhibited any unusual oil consumption at 3,000 miles.
Hopefully, it never will exhibit the consumption, but some of the people experiencing the excess oil consumption had it occur sometime between 3,700 and 5,000 miles, so you may want to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
a non-turbo, just got back from a 4,500 km adventure and it did not use any oil at all. It has not changed since my first oil change.

Reactions: SDH

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
82 Posts
Hopefully, it never will exhibit the consumption, but some of the people experiencing the excess oil consumption had it occur sometime between 3,700 and 5,000 miles, so you may want to keep an eye on it.
I check the dipstick once a month. I'm not that concerned about it, given that the TSBs and complaints have largely been about 2021 vehicles, but I'm definitely monitoring it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Coming from a Volvo that didn’t even have an engine oil dipstick, it will be back to my weekly checks to keep a close eye for any excessive consumption.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts