Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any noticeable oil loss over the course of their oil interval?

None here so far.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
102 Posts
Just did my second oil change at 10,000 Miles. At both times they were at the full mark before changing. My Mazda 3 also had the same 2.5L Skyactive engine. It never burned any oil at all...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just did my second oil change at 10,000 Miles. At both times they were at the full mark before changing. My Mazda 3 also had the same 2.5L Skyactive engine. It never burned any oil at all...
How would you describe your driving? Do you ever redline it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I accelerate briskly shifting around 4.5k often... I max out first or second once in a while. The Mazda 3 with the 6 sp Manual I would redline constantly .
That is really good. Especially considering how you drive it. Did you break them in normally?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That is really good. Especially considering how you drive it. Did you break them in normally?
I drove both of them gently for the first 600 miles. But to be honest having worked in the car business. From Mazda, Toyota to BMW all new cars get redlined before you take delivery. We drive the heck out of the inventory!

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
204 Posts
Lol...so true. I worked at a Mazda/Olds dealership when I was 19 and can personally vouch for this...;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does anyone have any noticeable oil loss over the course of their oil interval?

None here so far.
What "method" are you using to check the oil? Is the oil completely settled like overnight or are you checking it as Mazda suggests...getting up to operating temp and waiting 5 min?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What "method" are you using to check the oil? Is the oil completely settled like overnight or are you checking it as Mazda suggests...getting up to operating temp and waiting 5 min?
I check it after the car has been driven a while and then turned off for 5-10 mins.

I don't know what some consider no oil loss - any movement on the dipstick or none at all?

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's an important question. I'm coming up on 10K and the oil level on mine has definitely dropped. It's more now in between the top and lower marks. Does that mean it "consumed" oil by that measure? Not sure...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's normal. Technically (which I think is bs but that's another story) 1qt per 1k miles is the usually allowance. That's insanely high but that's what dealers will tell you. 1/2 qt per 10k miles is fantastic. Most probably don't even bother to top up or consider that to be consumption.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drove both of them gently for the first 600 miles. But to be honest having worked in the car business. From Mazda, Toyota to BMW all new cars get redlined before you take delivery. We drive the heck out of the inventory!
I would reject any new car with more than 10 miles on the clock

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
437 Posts
I have sold new cars all day long with 1000 miles on them. And even at 10 miles... trust me it's had the peddle to the floor.
Lol iv worked at many dealership's ford Nissan , Toyota etc and this is why iv always asked for a vehicle that is directly from the factory right off the truck and I take the protective shipping white paint protection wrap off my self with 20 km max on the odometer.. same thing I did in fact with my CX 30 .. it was never test driven it literally went from the truck to PDI to me and yah I waited for a month for it but it's worth it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most people who are in the car business have a passion for driving and automobiles (Tend to drive aggressively). After a while of driving so many different cars every day they become just metal to us... Another unit out of the thousands the dealer sells every year. Time is also of the most importance because a large sum of the money is made via commission. And I have never seen a car come back after selling it with any issue caused by us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts