Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Base
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some google searching and did not come up with a clear answer. When I first got my CX-30 the OLM did not change much for the first 7,000 miles. It was counting down but at a reduced rate, not in sync with the actual miles I was driving. My guess is, that because I fall under "light conditions", it was stretching the interval as more data was collected. Then winter cold set in and I think it decided to move things up. Overnight it went from about 1,500 miles to 600. Now things are warm again and every 22 mile commute it goes from 600 to 578 then resets to 600 at the next startup. This has been going on for about a month. Now I think it is trying to stretch the interval back out but is stuck at some 600 mile limit. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it will eventually do a consistent countdown or stay in this loop for the next 2,000 miles. Given the engine, the oil, and my driving habits I am comfortable with the light condition recommendation of 1-year or 10,000 miles. I suspect if I call the dealer they will be eager to get me in for a change even if it is not needed. Grateful for input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts