Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for my first oil change at 4,000 miles to the dealership. I asked if they used full synthetic 5w-30 on the turbo models of the CX30. I was told by 3 service reps that no synthetic oils should be used on the CX30 turbo models because the synthetic oil bleeds by seals? Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
I went for my first oil change at 4,000 miles to the dealership. I asked if they used full synthetic 5w-30 on the turbo models of the CX30. I was told by 3 service reps that no synthetic oils should be used on the CX30 turbo models because the synthetic oil bleeds by seals? Has anyone else heard of this?
Service reps?
Be very careful on what they say, they are not usually very well informed.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
85 Posts
They don't know what they're doing. My dealer's service records for oil changes always say 5W-30 synthetic. Exact P/N on my receipt is 0000-23-5W30-LT, which is also stated here Mazda Full Synthetic Engine Oil | 5W-30. It is a full synthetic oil, I don't see how they can argue with OEM Mazda oil..

Go scold your dealer on my behalf. I'm at 22,000 km and I have zero oil burning. I floor it at least once a day since the day I first drove my CX-30.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Traditional oil is going to break down much quicker especially in a turbo vehicle where the oil gets very hot. If you wish to use regular oil over synthetic I’d change your oil intervals to 3k miles. I’d highly recommend a good quality synthetic oil for our turbo engines though. Burning oil has been a non issue with mine. I love the feeling of boost and get on mine often and have had no issues. All engines will use alittle oil between changes some more then others. I know mazda had an issue with a batch of the turbo cx30s from 2021 burning more oil then is acceptable but I think that’s been corrected now. Mines a 2022 and it’s been good so far. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
22 Turbo PP
36 Posts
Love how mazda 5w-30 in canada is synthetic but the US version is dino oil. My 1st oil change from dealership at 800 miles, now at 1,600 the oil is starting to sheer already. Dumped that out this past weekend and went with Eneos and cars performing a lot better.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
47 Posts
I've been searching but can't find any info on this so I'm going to just ask.

When I had my 2017 WRX, I bought a bunch of Amsoil 5w-20. Can I use it in the CX30 with turbo? Seems like a waste to not use it but not sure what's what.

I was kind of thinking using the Amsoil in winter.

Any help and on-topic assistance is appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts