Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
View attachment 1006

That is a picture of the chip in my windshield that I got after only 3 weeks. Fml. View attachment 1006
Yea the windshield is pretty soft. I had a rock hit my windshield and by the time I got home it was cracked all the way across. These windshields ain't cheap either.

If I'm not mistaken they make windshields soft these days so as to protect pedestrians if they go up over the hood.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
17 Posts
That is a picture of the chip in my windshield that I got after only 3 weeks. Fml.
If it makes you feel any better BasicBofdrivers, we drove our 4 week old CX-30 (about 300 miles on the clock) down to the coast, which is about 80 miles away. While on the motorway we had a stone hit the windscreen and chip & crack the glass #GUTTED

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
402 Posts
well its a goos thing i suppose that i got full comprehenisve insurance coverage from my insurance company to cover glass too.. I worked in a toyota dealer in parts before and i had to order a new windsheild for a rav 4 that had the collision avoidance system like our cx 30s do.. and it was a $4,500 windshield.. ouch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the car to get the chip fixed, and they made it way worse and now I need the glass replaced. I haven’t even made my first car payment yet.
side note, when you make a claim for windshield damage, no, they can’t raise your rate for that, but what happens is that your driving risk goes up. THAT is what raises your insurance.
I am going to call my insurance and the mazda dealer tomorrow and talk about this situation. These clowns should have fixed this tiny, tiny chip very easily. They scheduled me to replace the glass but I don’t trust them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took the car to get the chip fixed, and they made it way worse and now I need the glass replaced. I haven’t even made my first car payment yet.
side note, when you make a claim for windshield damage, no, they can’t raise your rate for that, but what happens is that your driving risk goes up. THAT is what raises your insurance.
I am going to call my insurance and the mazda dealer tomorrow and talk about this situation. These clowns should have fixed this tiny, tiny chip very easily. They scheduled me to replace the glass but I don’t trust them.
Usually first windshield is forgotten or ignored by the insurance company. At least in Canada. After that then your risk goes up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m certain my rate will now go up because my previous car, literally right before I sold it, had a cracked windshield. So now I have two windshield claims on two different cars in one month.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
17 Posts
Did you get the chip repaired or the glass replaced?
We had a company called Autoglass come out to our property and repair a chipped windscreen. While it's not perfect, it's much better than it was. It looks like a small smug now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had chips repaired in the past and you can't see any of the repair.... worth a try before you replace..
I tried to get the chip repaired but the glass repair shop made it worse. It’s is now unrepairable because the chip then spidered about 3/4 through the repair.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
164 Posts
I had a chip repaired at Safelite on my Silverado earlier this year, they turned the chip into a 1/4" diameter smudge. They did say if I want the windshield replaced, they will apply the repair charge ($160) to the cost of the glass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After 2 weeks of ownership I had a very small chip from a highway pebble. I have Erie Insurance and I had a local glass repair company at my house within an hour. Repair fully covered. I don’t know if my insurance will go up but I just paid my premium in full. I can still see the ghost of the chip but apparently it’s only visible from the inside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Safelite was unable to repair the glass, I had to wait about a week and a half to comE back and replace the glass. It was a pain in the butt because it has to be recalibrated as well. Everything seems fine but I’m going to pay extra attention to everything just in case, considering that my sensors had an issue when I bought it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Safelite was unable to repair the glass, I had to wait about a week and a half to comE back and replace the glass. It was a pain in the butt because it has to be recalibrated as well. Everything seems fine but I’m going to pay extra attention to everything just in case, considering that my sensors had an issue when I bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts