Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-G 2.0 M Hybrid Vision Plus AT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Yesterday when I put the navigation ON I got a compass view on info screen and a command to put a valid SD card in the slot. I shut all off and took card out, then put back again, this few times. No affect.

I used a month ago the Mazda Toolbox to update and backup the SD. So I used now the recovery option and the card was then accepted. Whether the card update has nothing to do with this issue, I don't know. Maybe I'll update it later.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
114 Posts
Hi,
Yesterday when I put the navigation ON I got a compass view on info screen and a command to put a valid SD card in the slot. I shut all off and took card out, then put back again, this few times. No affect.

I used a month ago the Mazda Toolbox to update and backup the SD. So I used now the recovery option and the card was then accepted. Whether the card update has nothing to do with this issue, I don't know. Maybe I'll update it later.
I happens occasionally with SD cards when the unique ID can't be read. Creating a backup is important, as when the Toolbox restores backup, it also restores original SD card configuration including ID and other technical bits related to security. I had this happening on my other Mazdas several times and what you did is the correct way to recover. I am not sure if the second update for 2021 is available on Mazda site or not. Last time I checked few days ago it was still May one listed as the last one. Normally, Mazda provides 2 map updates a year: Spring/Early Summer and Late Autumn/Early Winter, so the new update should not be too far away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts