Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to drop off OEM paddle shifter parts for my yet-to-arrive 2.5L Turbo. The Service Manager came out and said he didn't think that adding paddle shifters to the 2.5L Turbo was possible. He states that the pcm/ecm/ecu may need to be reprogrammed and he would need to check with Mazda to see if it's even possible. I assumed it was plug and play via this video: Adding Paddle Shifters to a 4th-Generation Mazda3 / CX-30

Does anyone have any experience adding oem paddle shifters to your CX-30 through your dealer?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 iSport - Sonic Silver
74 Posts
I have a 2021 base model, Mexico build, 2.5L non-turbo with 6 speed auto transmission. As is the base model did not had paddle shifters, but retrofitted this one:

The kit has Mazda original parts and was completely plug and play. Installed by myself and works from the very first moment, no programming nor dealer involvement.
It works as intended: changes gears up and down in M mode and also enables MD mode if pushed in D. Pressing and maintaining + paddle cancels MD mode.

My car is a non turbo, but not see why should be different for turbo models

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was afraid his tech would screw it up...
C'mon, its a simple procedure I could do myself but I don't want it to alter the warranty. The service manager is suppose to do some digging and get back to me but I haven't heard anything yet. It's going to be pretty annoying if they can't come through on this. I also contacted Mazda Corp via email so we'll see what they say as well.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury Package
61 Posts
Just confirming that they were able to complete the task. Zoom Zoom.
Hi,

Would you be able to tell me how much it costed for the upgrade at the dealership?

I checked with my local dealership and they said they cannot do it. Did you have to provide them with the installation instructions or the you tube video as reference?

I am going to order the parts from MIK store, but I am not confident if I will be able to do it myself as I do not have required tools.

I ordered the part BCKS-32-049 as mine is heated steering wheel. I will check with them again by showing them the youtube video and the article to see if they can install it for me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$300. Way overpriced but they were reluctant to do it in the first place, saying they didn't know if it would cause issues with the cpu. I had to be slightly persistent during my waiting period for the car to built and delivered. There was quite a bit of back and forth during this time, with weeks between correspondence. I sent the youtube video for reference and they finally caved and said they were confident in the procedure and would make it happen. If you're comfortable doing the install yourself and want to save money, go for it. If something goes wrong, I doubt it will be covered under warranty though.

Hi,

Would you be able to tell me how much it costed for the upgrade at the dealership?

I checked with my local dealership and they said they cannot do it. Did you have to provide them with the installation instructions or the you tube video as reference?

I am going to order the parts from MIK store, but I am not confident if I will be able to do it myself as I do not have required tools.

I ordered the part BCKS-32-049 as mine is heated steering wheel. I will check with them again by showing them the youtube video and the article to see if they can install it for me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
$300. Way overpriced but they were reluctant to do it in the first place, saying they didn't know if it would cause issues with the cpu. I had to be slightly persistent during my waiting period for the car to built and delivered. There was quite a bit of back and forth during this time, with weeks between correspondence. I sent the youtube video for reference and they finally caved and said they were confident in the procedure and would make it happen. If you're comfortable doing the install yourself and want to save money, go for it. If something goes wrong, I doubt it will be covered under warranty though.
Thanks a lot for the response. I will try to get them do it by showing the video and if they still are reluctant to do it then I will try it myself.

I also need your help on checking the rear cover part number. On the MIK store it’s mentioned BCKS-32-049 but I doubt if it’s the right one. It says with paddle shifters and heated steering but says Japan built. My car is Mexico built. Will there be any difference? Will it fit on my car?

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Circle

I found other one with out built country name. But I am confused which one to go with.

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot for the response. I will try to get them do it by showing the video and if they still are reluctant to do it then I will try it myself.

I also need your help on checking the rear cover part number. On the MIK store it’s mentioned BCKS-32-049 but I doubt if it’s the right one. It says with paddle shifters and heated steering but says Japan built. My car is Mexico built. Will there be any difference? Will it fit on my car.

I found other one with out built country name. But I am confused which one to go with.
I'd be surprised if the cover from mik store doesn't work. I ordered mine from mik store, non heated steering wheel version, and everything worked well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be surprised if the cover from mik store doesn't work. I ordered mine from mik store, non heated steering wheel version, and everything worked well.
Yeah, what they provide is the for non-heated steering. They do mention it on that accessory that if your car has heated steering then to order this part.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts