Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Paddle Shifters Compatibility

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Anurag Sonti 
#1 ·
I went to drop off OEM paddle shifter parts for my yet-to-arrive 2.5L Turbo. The Service Manager came out and said he didn't think that adding paddle shifters to the 2.5L Turbo was possible. He states that the pcm/ecm/ecu may need to be reprogrammed and he would need to check with Mazda to see if it's even possible. I assumed it was plug and play via this video: Adding Paddle Shifters to a 4th-Generation Mazda3 / CX-30

Does anyone have any experience adding oem paddle shifters to your CX-30 through your dealer?

#2 ·
I have a 2021 base model, Mexico build, 2.5L non-turbo with 6 speed auto transmission. As is the base model did not had paddle shifters, but retrofitted this one:

The kit has Mazda original parts and was completely plug and play. Installed by myself and works from the very first moment, no programming nor dealer involvement.
It works as intended: changes gears up and down in M mode and also enables MD mode if pushed in D. Pressing and maintaining + paddle cancels MD mode.

My car is a non turbo, but not see why should be different for turbo models

#4 ·
C'mon, its a simple procedure I could do myself but I don't want it to alter the warranty. The service manager is suppose to do some digging and get back to me but I haven't heard anything yet. It's going to be pretty annoying if they can't come through on this. I also contacted Mazda Corp via email so we'll see what they say as well.

#8 · (Edited)
Hi,

Would you be able to tell me how much it costed for the upgrade at the dealership?

I checked with my local dealership and they said they cannot do it. Did you have to provide them with the installation instructions or the you tube video as reference?

I am going to order the parts from MIK store, but I am not confident if I will be able to do it myself as I do not have required tools.

I ordered the part BCKS-32-049 as mine is heated steering wheel. I will check with them again by showing them the youtube video and the article to see if they can install it for me.

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.