Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv X Auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, this will probably make me look silly, but between the steering wheel and the light and indicator stalks there are two paddles left and right.
I‘ve looked in the manual and checked Mazda online but I cannot see them on any diagram so I was hoping someone could tell me what they’re for.
They are more or less at 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
I'd imagine they're for manually changing gear on the auto transmission. I can't be sure because I have a manual, but when I test-drove the auto that's what I remember.

I'm sure another Auto owner can confirm though.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
this it? 😊

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
87 Posts
The CX-30 is my 2nd car with the paddle shifters on the steering column and the Mazda version is my favorite of the two - it's been done more logically with one paddle for upshift and the other for downshift. (The other car you push away with your thumb to upshift, pull back with your other fingers to downshift...both paddles do the same thing. Mazda's is a much better design.) The time I find them most useful is on a severe downhill where engine braking is the better choice than the brake pedal; a great example is coming down Pikes Peak in Colorado. Otherwise I never use them. o_Oo_O

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv X Auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe this is the downside in buying a car through a broker and not a dealer. It meant the car was delivered to me, but the delivery driver knew nothing about the car, whereas a dealer would have the salesman there to show you things when you pick it up. Still, the 3 thousand pound saving was worth it 😉

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
87 Posts
Maybe this is the downside in buying a car through a broker and not a dealer. It meant the car was delivered to me, but the delivery driver knew nothing about the car, whereas a dealer would have the salesman there to show you things when you pick it up. Still, the 3 thousand pound saving was worth it 😉
It's kinda fun to figure out things for yourself, to me. Sometimes. When I bought my Mazda Millenia over 20 years ago the salesman was sort of rushing me away without showing me anything about the car. I thought to ask if there was anything odd about the car that he should show me. It's a good thing I did because I don't know when I would have ever discovered that under the armrest of each front door is a fairly large storage compartment. It's mostly unnoticeable if it's not pointed out - probably a good place to keep a pistol. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts