Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, I have noticed quite a difference between the lower part of the tail gate and the surrounding parts (even though this is the only part in steel in this area, the difference seems to be rather important. Do you experience the same ?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
That is quite a shocking difference. It is possible there was damage during shipping or that took place at the dealer. Looks like it was resprayed for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I thought first, but it is true that there are differences sometimes more visibles with some car. For ex my previous car . Even though not particularly happy ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
Most plastic bumpers never match the rest of the car. The lower part of the tail gate is not plastic. And the difference is much more then your average bumper mismatch .

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
The paint on plastic has a different primer so it shows different shades.. this was very bad in the 1990 with Ford's... But tbh I think this car has been repaired after damage in shipping. I'd return it to the dealer and refuse the car...
We had a Hyundai i10, 2014. Each panel was a different shade.
I only noticed it on a dull day 2 weeks after delivery..
We refused the car and the dealer supplied us with a new car.

The dealer was great at sorting it but Hyundai we're putting up all the stock answers..
There is an official route or the dealer may help, ours did..
so on paper to sort it out asap.. the dealer bought the car from me and we then bought another ( in a different colour)
I'd get it back to the dealer ASAP
hope this helps

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
haven't notice anything on my snowflake white" - mine comes from the Mexico plant. However, I did go over the vehicle very carefully before I took delivery checking things like this, panel fit, even gaps, scratches, marks, etc. They even put it in the showroom for me for this purpose and let me me take all the time I needed.

Reactions: steve67

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
68 Posts
Guess the paint quality in Thailand is better as all my panels match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to all for your feedback, I see that in most car there are some differences as the lower part of the tailgate is in steel or whatever, unlike bumpers and upper part. However, "delta" is higher in my car, car comes from mexico as well as most cars shipped to US and Europe. It does not imply 100p that this part was repainted as damaged during shipping or whatever I suppose (at least dealer claims it isnt) but perhaps some issue with the paint during production process, who knows.. In europe unlike US, you can not just walk in in the garage and ask for car swap or refund because there is no full paint matching, in particular for these white paint and because they will argue that differences is due to the fact that upper part is "plastic". You would need to undertake legal action etc, long and complicated process. So will have to try settling it before at dealer. Must say it is not as bad as in the picture depending on sunlight etc. Otherwise, very happy with the car :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I looked at my car and test drove it it was a bright sunny day and the mismatch paint wasn't noticeable. When I brought it home and put it in the garage it really stood out.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
When I looked at my car and test drove it it was a bright sunny day and the mismatch paint wasn't noticeable. When I brought it home and put it in the garage it really stood out.
I would agree, also seen this on other new cars I've owned from another manufacturer where they use different materials on the body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts