Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
After few months driving on Highway my Mazda got few scratches on the hood. Do you know where is the best place to buy touch up paint to secure those spots against the rust? I am talking about small marker or paint stick matching color of my mazda.
Is the dealer only option?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Hi
After few months driving on Highway my Mazda got few scratches on the hood. Do you know where is the best place to buy touch up paint to secure those spots against the rust? I am talking about small marker or paint stick matching color of my mazda.
Is the dealer only option?
Go into your Mazda dealership they will ask for your vin and get you the paint for your car.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
85 Posts
I don't know if this place ships to USA but I got mine from here, it's OEM

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 in premium trim. Deep crystal blue mica, white interior.
37 Posts
I don't know if this place ships to USA but I got mine from here, it's OEM

Would like one. However $12.00 part, $10.00 ship!

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
I'm going to bug my dealer for a free one, should come with your new car anyway.
Yeah what he said.
And free oil changes, tire rotation, cabin air filters and……a higher MSRP.
Or pony up the $12 and be done with it….forever.😏

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 in premium trim. Deep crystal blue mica, white interior.
37 Posts
Yeah what he said.
And free oil changes, tire rotation, cabin air filters and……a higher MSRP.
Or pony up the $12 and be done with it….forever.😏
The dealers, for the most part, do not add to the MSRP for the oil changes, or tire rotations. Have not seen any give away cabin air filters...or paint pens. The average profit on the sale of the car, not including finance, insurance. nitrogen inflation and other BS, is 8%. 5% from Hyundai, to 12% from Bentley. If you are paying more it's your fault. The real reason for the "free" benefits is to get you back into the dealership is to get you to purchase tires, batteries, filters and services for which they charge $100 and up per hour. Many dealers purchase 50 gal drums of (cheap) oil and a case of (cheap) oil filters, about $2 and change each. Did they really rotate those tires? If you did not mark them, you won't know for sure. They are not doing you a service, your are providing them with an opportunity. The service department in the average dealership provides 49.6% of the profits. "Service advisors" make more than the sales people, a good sales person make about $50k per year, an "advisor" makes $52k to $54K annually. Your dealer can well afford the bait, ie, oil changes and tire rotations, while your "captive" for the duration of these services. I'm old enough to remember when you received a complementary bottle of touch up paint, in fact most cars came with them. Sometime you received a key fob, or an pressure gauge...with the dealers logo on it. In todays high, "we don't negotiate" price climate, they can damn well afford a paint pen, and yeah that's what I said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts