Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the UK and I'm due to take delivery later this week, but I've been offered a number of things by the dealer and one that takes my eye is the Vehicle Protection System. It sounds like a coating that's applied to the exterior paintwork to seal and protect it. I'm not so bothered about interiors - no pets and no children there.

The dealer supplying the car is offering GardX. This apparently coats the car in a sealant (might be a ceramic coating?) and needs a Conserver to be applied every now and again.

My local dealer is offering a different product - Scott's SafeGard. Looks the same (without the need for the Conserver, apparently)

My car is Soul Red and will be parked outside for a few months until I can get the car port up and I'm rural, so under trees and winter's coming.

Just wondered which was best - or if I'm better off getting a proper ceramic coating done.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
check after market, generally cheaper than dealers for the same thing.

Reactions: savcom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was considering. I think most people buy from the dealer as it's easier, but not necessarily the best. Need to look at the guarantee though. Could do it myself, but nowhere to keep the car while it's curing, so I'll pay someone to do it.

And I've never needed to have the inside protected in any car I've had, so I needn't pay for that in the price.

So, do Mazda have any recommendations or do's and don'ts?

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
I'm in the UK and I'm due to take delivery later this week, but I've been offered a number of things by the dealer and one that takes my eye is the Vehicle Protection System. It sounds like a coating that's applied to the exterior paintwork to seal and protect it. I'm not so bothered about interiors - no pets and no children there.

The dealer supplying the car is offering GardX. This apparently coats the car in a sealant (might be a ceramic coating?) and needs a Conserver to be applied every now and again.

My local dealer is offering a different product - Scott's SafeGard. Looks the same (without the need for the Conserver, apparently)

My car is Soul Red and will be parked outside for a few months until I can get the car port up and I'm rural, so under trees and winter's coming.

Just wondered which was best - or if I'm better off getting a proper ceramic coating done.

Thoughts anyone?
Im into detailing as a hobby,
There are alot of products out there , anything applied by the dealer WILL NOT be appied properly.
even new cars need preperation, they are not swirl free, with your being 3 months old, i would say it needs a stage one detail,( clay, machine polish and protection)
if you want protection done by someone else take a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk for a local detailer locally to you who has a good reputaion. you will get lots of help and advice..
if you want to takle the job yourself, i recommend Zaino, it is a system as in clean/prep/polish/protect.
its middle of the road pricewise, but you use very little product..
http://www.zainostore.com/beginners.html----how to use etc
https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/zaino- uk supplier
it an easy to use product for the weekend warrior.

if you want any help , just drop me pm

my car and my sons car are coated in zaino.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you want any help , just drop me pm
Thanks Steve - I may just do that. I don't mind doing the work, just anxious not to put snake oil on the car, if you follow. I also have an 18 year old SLK that I try and keep nice so maybe they both could benefit. If the new CX-30 will need a detail even being so new, then I can (relatively) take my time and get it done properly rather than rush into it. I may be able to wait till the car port is built and do it under that (it'll be warmer then, too, which will help).

I tried those links about Zaino. They needed a little editing to work so in case anyone gets an error, here they are again:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts