Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘21 is blue and has a few shallow scratches already. They probably came from brushing snow off my car with a brush.

My Toyotas and Hondas (almost all light colored) never scratched like this. By the way, I’m not trying to start a brand war, just giving my points of reference.

Is the paint on this car particularly prone to scratches or is it that the color shows scratches better?

What can I do to protect the finish? A softer brush? Wax?

·
Registered
21' CX-30 Premium
5 Posts
My ‘21 is blue and has a few shallow scratches already. They probably came from brushing snow off my car with a brush.

My Toyotas and Hondas (almost all light colored) never scratched like this. By the way, I’m not trying to start a brand war, just giving my points of reference.

Is the paint on this car particularly prone to scratches or is it that the color shows scratches better?

What can I do to protect the finish? A softer brush? Wax?
Generally darker colors such as yours will show swirl marks easier than lighter colors such as white or silver. A simple buff & wax should remove most swirls, as it's just in the clear coat and not the paint itself (these are my assumptions at least). A ceramic coating would also be beneficial.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
108 Posts
yes. sadly cx30 is very fragile... I suggest you to be very very careful when you're washing the car too. Any touch will scratch it, trust me. The inside of the car is also very fragile..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts