Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have lurked in this forum for a couple days, seems like a nice forum so I have joined. I also just got the call from the dealership that our CX-30 turbo will be ready for collection.

I've been searching for a first drive video without any luck so far, so I will give it a try once we get the car and post it up.

We chose the Mazda over the Subaru Crosstrek, it was a close call but the turbo option swung it for us.

Thanks to the thread on winter floor mats, went with the OEM instead of Weathertech.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats 👍 I also went with the OEM's instead of the WT floor mats too, the OEM cargo mat is a great feature to have too.

Where in Canada?

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Hi all, I have lurked in this forum for a couple days, seems like a nice forum so I have joined. I also just got the call from the dealership that our CX-30 turbo will be ready for collection.

I've been searching for a first drive video without any luck so far, so I will give it a try once we get the car and post it up.

We chose the Mazda over the Subaru Crosstrek, it was a close call but the turbo option swung it for us.

Thanks to the thread on winter floor mats, went with the OEM instead of Weathertech.

Thanks
I have the deep OEM floor mats and I love them ... They are great at traping all the crud in the Winter and keep things very clean and easy to clean.. I blast them with a pressure washer and they are new again. Can't wait too we your turbo CX 30 😁 glad I leased mine for 3 years as I want to upgrade.

·
Registered
2021 PP Turbo Polymetal Gray
45 Posts
Hi all, I have lurked in this forum for a couple days, seems like a nice forum so I have joined. I also just got the call from the dealership that our CX-30 Turbo will be ready for collection.

Welcome from another noob who just took delivery of a CX30 turbo. Before getting the car I had been searching the web almost daily for reviews of the car, either print or video, with no luck. However, between several reviews and our own test drives of the normally aspirated CX30 and the turbo Mazda 3, we had a very good idea of what to expect.

Yep, it's a lifted Mazda 3 hatch with a few modest improvements for usability, excessive plastic cladding, ginormous gaps in the wheel arches, and enough power to up the fun factor significantly. Our previous sporty-but-somewhat-practical car was/is a VW GTI. The CX30 Turbo is not quite as much a sports car in econobox clothing, but it's close, and it's more practical and much more civilized.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked the car up this morning with the whole family and my better half drove it home. The car seems to be exactly what we expected so far. Quiet interior, nice layout, decent amount of power. The extra ponies over the normal engine is nice, power is delivered pretty linear.
We setup the infotainment system and all seems well so far.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Picked the car up this morning with the whole family and my better half drove it home. The car seems to be exactly what we expected so far. Quiet interior, nice layout, decent amount of power. The extra ponies over the normal engine is nice, power is delivered pretty linear.
We setup the infotainment system and all seems well so far.
i sure cant wait to upgrade to the turbo... really good reviews so far 😃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts