Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Which option?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for some opinions on what I can do to make the plastic cladding more bearable to look at. I know it’s a love hate thing for most people and I’m one of the ones who absolutely hates it. Especially now that it is always parked next to my girlfriends mazda3 hatchback which does not have any cladding. Some options im considering:

Option 1: Vinyl wrapping the chrome front grille piece as well as the chrome window trim satin black and getting satin black wheels to all match the cladding.

Option 2: Vinyl wrapping the chrome from grille, chrome window trim, and plastic cladding all gloss black and getting gloss black wheels.

Option 3: Paint matching the plastic cladding to my machine grey color. This will be in combination with blacking out all the chrome and wheels.

Please let me know what you guys would do if you were like me and absolutely can’t stand the look of the cladding.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I will be having the front chrome vinyl wrapped matte or satin black, (whichever matches the non-chrome window trim) along with the chrome trim along the windows. I am debating on the rear emblems. I may remove them, have the holes filled and the tailgate panel repainted. The roof rails will be powder coated matte black. I went with gunmetal wheels. I don't like black, the design of the wheel disappears after 20' + away from the vehicle.

Option 1 would be the closest.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will be having the front chrome vinyl wrapped matte or satin black, (whichever matches the non-chrome window trim) along with the chrome trim along the windows. I am debating on the rear emblems. I may remove them, have the holes filled and the tailgate panel repainted. The roof rails will be powder coated matte black. I went with gunmetal wheels. I don't like black, the design of the wheel disappears after 20' + away from the vehicle.

Option 1 would be the closest.
Thanks so much! That’s what I’m leaning towards as it would be the easiest option since it doesn’t involve touching the cladding. Are you planning on leaving the gloss black spoiler as is? That’s my only debate if I do go with option 1. I always loved the glossy black rear spoiler but if I do decide to make everything else satin, it would look a little silly being the only thing gloss black.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
Option 3: Paint matching the plastic cladding to my machine grey color. This will be in combination with blacking out all the chrome and wheels.
!
I did what you did and picked a color the toned down the cladding. I've learned to live with it and save the money. Yes, the cladding sucks. It's just less expensive to live with it. I like a few colors better than the mica blue or machine grey but those colors just made the cladding more prominent. Soul Red or Silver for example.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
!
I did what you did and picked a color the toned down the cladding. I've learned to live with it and save the money. Yes, the cladding sucks. It's just less expensive to live with it. I like a few colors better than the mica blue or machine grey but those colors just made the cladding more prominent. Soul Red or Silver for example.
Yes me too. I really like the white and the red but the cladding was too prominent in those colors and it wasn’t something I could live with. I am slightly regretting not getting the black as I know I would like the look of it all blacked out even with the cladding, but I just don’t love black cars and the black just shows every dirt spot and imperfection. You’re right about the money. That’s why I’m leaning towards option 1. I think if I match all the chrome and the wheels to the cladding it will tie it all together.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Thanks so much! That’s what I’m leaning towards as it would be the easiest option since it doesn’t involve touching the cladding. Are you planning on leaving the gloss black spoiler as is? That’s my only debate if I do go with option 1. I always loved the glossy black rear spoiler but if I do decide to make everything else satin, it would look a little silly being the only thing gloss black.
Yes, leave the spoiler as-is. The panel I am referring to is the center tailgate panel, where the badging is applied.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD Turbo Premium Plus, Deep Crystal Blue
20 Posts
The Deep Crystal Blue Mica is classy but still sporty and different. See mostly white, black and gray vehicles these days.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Cloud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts