Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic trim on driver's side was lifting up and also causing driver's door to catch on passenger side rubber seal. Dealer finally replaced, which fixed the catching, but now the trim is offset. Service rep basically said it's normal, but looking at others on the lot, not as bad as what's in picture. Maybe I'm being too OCD about it. Does this seem like an acceptable repair? Anyone have issues with the plastic trim?

·
Registered
18 Posts
How does the passenger's side look by comparison? I don't think you are being OCD - I doubt it would be acceptable if it were a painted metal edge! There looks like more of a gap between the right side trim piece and the top horizontal trim piece than there is on the left (you can clearly see a rubber seal on the right but not the left). Ask Mazda customer services to put in writing that this difference is within OEM specification.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
404 Posts
How does the passenger's side look by comparison? I don't think you are being OCD - I doubt it would be acceptable if it were a painted metal edge! There looks like more of a gap between the right side trim piece and the top horizontal trim piece than there is on the left (you can clearly see a rubber seal on the right but not the left). Ask Mazda customer services to put in writing that this difference is within OEM specification.
Tell your dealership to get with the program on the Koodo design and perfection.. hello they are a Mazda dealer after all lol this shouldn't be any trouble to them and they should just be like sorry about this and we will make it right .. boom done.. no fuss no muss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the passenger side. I thought of asking Mazda if it's within some type of QC threshold. Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
422 Posts
here's the same trim on my vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
The front door trim piece does seem to go slightly higher than the rear door trim piece on your car Replicant (on both the driver and passenger sides). In contrast Conwelpic's and my own seem to be more closely aligned (I just checked mine closely and the trim pieces are all the same height). Perhaps your misalignment is due to some batch variation in the trim pieces themselves but there could me a myriad of other causes. It would take a proper engineering assessment to determine the root issue but Mazda ought to be prepared to do that for you given the variation is clearly visible. It just doesn't seem acceptable that your CX30 would have this issue while most others don't. It is the sort of thing you might expect to see on a car after collision repairs by a not-so-competent repairer; I would not expect it on a brand new car in 2020.

Again my best advice would be to try and seek the intervention of Mazda rather than the dealer (who will probably do little more than fit the replacement part and declare the result normal).

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
The plastic trim on driver's side was lifting up and also causing driver's door to catch on passenger side rubber seal. Dealer finally replaced, which fixed the catching, but now the trim is offset. Service rep basically said it's normal, but looking at others on the lot, not as bad as what's in picture. Maybe I'm being too OCD about it. Does this seem like an acceptable repair? Anyone have issues with the plastic trim? View attachment 651
Doesn’t look acceptable to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the response from Mazda Customer Service as of this morning:

"Thank you for your patient.

After a thorough research has been confirmed door panel looks the same as any other CX30, there are no issues with the exterior door panels. You have dealer show you another CX30 to compare.

Thank you again and have a blessed day."

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Here is the response from Mazda Customer Service as of this morning:

"Thank you for your patient.

After a thorough research has been confirmed door panel looks the same as any other CX30, there are no issues with the exterior door panels. You have dealer show you another CX30 to compare.

Thank you again and have a blessed day."
What???
So many spelling errors in this reply.

This looks like a kid replied to you and not a huge professional company like Mazda should be.
I surely would not be pleased.

Have a blessed day??? what is this the handmaids tale?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The emails went on and so did the poor spelling and grammar. Their interpretation of thorough is contacting the service center where the work was done and Mazda Customer Experience, whatever that is -unbelievable! They insisted that there isn't a problem with the trim. In the end I was told I could go to another dealer/service center for another inspection.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
404 Posts
The emails went on and so did the poor spelling and grammar. Their interpretation of thorough is contacting the service center where the work was done and Mazda Customer Experience, whatever that is -unbelievable! They insisted that there isn't a problem with the trim. In the end I was told I could go to another dealer/service center for another inspection.
Sounds like sadly somebody somewhere down the line just wants to pass the buck as to not have to deal with it ... I'm sorry for your poor experience with your dealership and with customer service.. I would reach out to customer affairs and ask to speak to a supervisor or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It if were me I would write to the managing director of Mazda in your region explaining your experience and seeking a proper inspection of the vehicle by a Mazda technical rep. Include photos. Emphasise your profound disappointment in the poor fit and finish of your new CX30. Be polite but firm and restate your expectation that Mazda meets its warranties. You could consider having a lawyer draft this for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts