Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Turbo Premium - JB4, BMS Intake, Firehawk Indy 500 Tires
3 Posts
Hey there guys! New to the forums, just ordered a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in 235/50R18 for my factory 18inch black wheels. After reading the forums and having very scary low limits on the factory El440s I decided on an upgrade. As for the winter I have a practically brand new set of falken Xice winter tires from my past leased mazda 3 in 225/50R17. Once I get them and Install them ill post pictures and a good review on the handling and performance of them over the factory garbage lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

First Impressions so have been great in terms of the upgrade from the factory bridgestone's, However I did really struggle to balance these tires, I read on the reviews that some people ran into it with the firehawks specifically so I presume that's what cause my struggle cause the wheels all spun normally. No rubs or noises driving or when going over harsher inclines with the 235/50s on the factory wheels

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
View attachment 5170
First Impressions so have been great in terms of the upgrade from the factory bridgestone's, However I did really struggle to balance these tires, I read on the reviews that some people ran into it with the firehawks specifically so I presume that's what cause my struggle cause the wheels all spun normally. No rubs or noises driving or when going over harsher inclines with the 235/50s on the factory wheels
What happened to your tail pipe? It doesn't look OE.

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Where did the chart go?
I'm trying to check on:
17x8 +35 Wheels
w/ 235/60R17's (18.1" Dia)
Thanks in advance!
(It's the +35 that concerns me)

·
Registered
43 Posts
235/50/18 Crossclimate2's are what I am currently running.
I am thinking of switching to:
235/60/17 Crossclimate2's on 17x8+35 Rims.
Any info on rubbing with the 17x8+35's?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'22 2.5T JBM Stealth
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
235/50/18 Crossclimate2's are what I am currently running.
I am thinking of switching to:
235/60/17 Crossclimate2's on 17x8+35 Rims.
Any info on rubbing with the 17x8+35's?
Thanks in advance!
28.1" diameter, 8" width, +35. You're good. No rub should occur.

235/65r17 is where slight rub will likely start to occur up front at full turn lock.
Depending on the tire, 8.5" width, +45 and higher is where I would start to be concerned with rub in the rear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
28.1" diameter, 8" width, +35. You're good. No rub should occur.

235/65r17 is where slight rub will likely start to occur up front at full turn lock.
Depending on the tire, 8.5" width, +45 and higher is where I would start to be concerned with rub in the rear.
Thanks for the quick reply!
I was more concerned with the plastic rear shock tube rubbing the inner side wall.
So............ I'm placing my trust in you and pulling the trigger.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
European diesel or 2.0 perhaps.
Nah it's a muffler delete I made myself, y pipe with 2 and 1/4 steel pipe bent and welded nicely together. I had this on my previous mazda with chrome tips but I had to cut them off on the cx30 because it stuck out by 10 inches lol. Fwd to awd so the pipe was longer.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Nah it's a muffler delete I made myself, y pipe with 2 and 1/4 steel pipe bent and welded nicely together. I had this on my previous mazda with chrome tips but I had to cut them off on the cx30 because it stuck out by 10 inches lol. Fwd to awd so the pipe was longer.
That explains it.
I should have read through the thread before replying...

101 - 113 of 113 Posts