Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just past 2,000 miles in my 2020 CX30 AWD. The vast majority of my driving is suburban with long stretches of 35-45 mph roads with a moderate amount of stop lights/stop signs. I am very conservative with my acceleration, yet I am finding my gas mileage to be between 24-25mpg. My current tank of gas is netting me less than 23 mpgs. I don’t know if the stock Bridgestone Turanza EL 440’s have poor rolling resistance or not. Could it be the winter fuel mixture? I’d be curious to know if anyone has changed their tire brand and whether they have seen better gas mileage.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
543 Posts
So I am at 10,563 miles on mine and the fuel mileage is right where it should be in the city of 25 mpg but in the cold weather that drops to 23 and Highway iv gotten 37 mpg and a half mpg on a 220 mile road trip so I would say you are still needing to break things in a little more engine and transmission as I remember when mine was under the double digits on the odometer the fuel mileage was a little worse for wear.. and since then at the recommendation9,941 miles I got the first oil change and since put on a few more miles and it's been Good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I am at 10,563 miles on mine and the fuel mileage is right where it should be in the city of 25 mpg but in the cold weather that drops to 23 and Highway iv gotten 37 mpg and a half mpg on a 220 mile road trip so I would say you are still needing to break things in a little more engine and transmission as I remember when mine was under the double digits on the odometer the fuel mileage was a little worse for wear.. and since then at the recommendation9,941 miles I got the first oil change and since put on a few more miles and it's been Good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off topic question- my Mazda app says to get the first oil change at 5400 miles. So you can change the oil at 10,000 mile intervals?

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
543 Posts
Off topic question- my Mazda app says to get the first oil change at 5400 miles. So you can change the oil at 10,000 mile intervals?
Yah whatever 16,000 km is in Miles.. my dealership told me to go by the oil life moniter as long as I'm doing the service number 1 every 6 months or 8,000 km. They check the oil and hook it up to the technical Mazda software on a laptop to make sure the oil life moniter is working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts