Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not quite an owner but hoping soon to be. Just drove a awd cx30 manual and a auto cx5 petrol 2.0. The cx30 was so much more fun. I probably needed to adjust my driving position more but I noticed a few times I would hit my head on the handle above the door. I’m 6ft 1inches tall . Just wondered if any taller drivers have any issues with this car. Was clearly hard for another 6 footer to sit in back of me so hence why I had a drive of the cx5 as well. Thanks in advance if anyone replies. All the best

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Hi, not quite an owner but hoping soon to be. Just drove a awd cx30 manual and a auto cx5 petrol 2.0. The cx30 was so much more fun. I probably needed to adjust my driving position more but I noticed a few times I would hit my head on the handle above the door. I’m 6ft 1inches tall . Just wondered if any taller drivers have any issues with this car. Was clearly hard for another 6 footer to sit in back of me so hence why I had a drive of the cx5 as well. Thanks in advance if anyone replies. All the best
6'3 here.. no problems with the cx30, my wife is 5' so both ends of the height spectrum.. we have the GT SPORT 122 g spec with the electric memory seat and we both find a comfortable seating postion. the cx30 has the lastest infotainment system ..we have zero issues with the cx30, love it.
test drove the MX30 at the weekend, mazda have messed up/ lost its way with that model...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. Did u sit in the back? I was shaving so much fun driving it I didn’t try. If the driving position was good for you I must have had a bad position when I drove it. Kept bashing my head on the window side as I looked right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I just noticed u have the 122 engine. I only drove the 180. What’s it like pulling away and on the motorway.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh I just noticed u have the 122 engine. I only drove the 180. What’s it like pulling away and on the motorway.
i drove both the g and x engines, tbh in normal driving, there was no difference, you have to push the engine to feel any extra power, and looking at the ££££ it was not worth it. also i get 40 plus around the doors and have had 58 on a run...yes i can sit behind the drivers seat when its set to my driving position..we were one of the first to have the cx30 in January....we are very pleased with it , its our 4th mazda and my son has the mazda 3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thasks again. I guess I need to go back and drive the 122. I had a lot of fun driving the 180 to be honest I doubt I was pushing it that hard. The dealer let me take it out in my own and compared to the cx5 was a lot quicker And with better handling. Cx5 was a bit sluggish but very comfortable. The position of the car seat must have been me. I did not attempt it but it d8d not look like I could fit in the back. Head height as well. Looks like another trip To dealers for me 😂 the cx30 is so tempting because of all the newer tech on it. I drive a 3008 Peugeot tomorrow will be interesting to compare.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
112 Posts
The CX-30 should be more fun to drive (especially if you can get the turbo if it is coming to your market). The CX-5 sound like it would be a better fit for you.

Either would be more fun to drive than anything comparable from any brand for less than twice the price.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The CX-30 should be more fun to drive (especially if you can get the turbo if it is coming to your market). The CX-5 sound like it would be a better fit for you.

Either would be more fun to drive than anything comparable from any brand for less than twice the price.
...no engine with any turbo over here just the 122 G and 180 X..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all input. I just watched a video link from this forum. Fella tried to get in back. Said he was 6ft 1. His head was touching ceiling and knees right in the back of the seat. I’m intrigued if you can sit in the back of your car at 6ft 3 . Is this when you are behind your wife . We are back to dealers on Friday will Try myself. I may have to sneakily put my driving position forward to convince the wife ha ha that our kids will fit fine. Teengage kids..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
453 Posts
I am 6'3 and can fit in the back seat if my 5'3 in wife is driving. On a different note, I kept hitting my head while loading with the rear hatch up. It goes up electronically but I learned the hard way that you can push the hatch up about another 6 inches after it stops. Now I don't hit my head.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am 6'3 and can fit in the back seat if my 5'3 in wife is driving. On a different note, I kept hitting my head while loading with the rear hatch up. It goes up electronically but I learned the hard way that you can push the hatch up about another 6 inches after it stops. Now I don't hit my head.
you can set the height that the rear hatch lifts by holding the hatch button in for a few seconds, it bleeps to confirm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mark'd: I drove the 5 and the 30 back to back in July. Wanted to love the 5 based on reviews. It is a GREAT car. On the test drive of the 5, I almost had an accident at an intersection due to blind spot behind the left side A pillar. For me, visibility is better in the front in the 30 at intersections and car lots. Based on that, in everyday use, the 30 is quicker around town thanks to better visibility? Also, tech in '20 30 versus 5 was way superior. Crazy fun to drive the 30. I'm 5'11". That said, I wouldn't recommend the 30 for regular use if taller PAX in rear seats on long trips, or for that matter, a young couple needing more than one child seat (if that) in this class.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts