Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I noticed an issue in my Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X:

I wanted to check how the car runs at higher rotational speeds (5k - 5.5k) or when driving more dynamically and ... I noticed occasionally a significant power drop for about 2-3 seconds at the beginning of overtaking manoeuvre (overtaking at speeds: 100-140km/h and rotation speeds 4.5-5.5k rpm and at lower rpm 3-3.5k as well). When I stepped on the gas just before overtaking, the car didn't accelerate for a moment... It happened to me a few times and it is not always possible to reproduce it. On the road the situation is rather not comfortable for the driver.

When I looked at the middle console to the energy flow diagram during the manoeuvre, I spotted it was the moment when the energy switched from "Battery" to "Normal Combustion" source (sometimes frequently back and forth).​

I wonder whether the problem may eventually be related to the "battery flat" issue that I have now with the car and reported here: flat battery

Does anybody have a similar "power drop" observation?​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi also experiencing this brief loss of power on a CX30 with the X engine. Have checked with Mazda regards recalls on my vehicle but none showing.
On researching the net have found details of recalls on this engine manufactured between June- Nov 2019 mainly in Europe.
Contacted local dealer who have no knowledge on this issue. I have insisted they take a look at car tomorrow ! So armed with printed evidence I will pass this on to them.
Such a shame as it’s generally a very good car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contacted local dealer who have no knowledge on this issue. I have insisted they take a look at car tomorrow !
Hello Mike, any updates regarding "loss of power" issue? I'll bring the car to my dealer on Friday and I will post here later on about current state.
I would never expect such significant errors in firmware of a car.... rather very dissappointing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Kris
Just picked car up from dealer. They had car for 36 hours and also Experienced the same issue.
They checked and reloaded latest software and appeared to be as per spec.
As a final result they raised a trouble ticket with Mazda who have responded !
Seems this is not a fault but part of the safety system on the car. Check out I-Activesense ‘ distance and Speed Alert ‘. Seems if the computer deems you are approaching another car faster than that car is travelling , it automatically cuts the fuel to reduce likelihood of collision !
Check out car manual 4-115 and 4-116.

You can turn this off according to the handbook. Think I might try to bring the fun back to driving !

I’m going to ring Mazda directly myself to double check. Keep you posted.

mike

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Mmmm interesting, did a load of driving up the local A roads recently including overtaking and didnt notice this and Im on the X engine.

Out of interest whats your Spec, Im on the X with the 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Kris
Just picked car up from dealer. They had car for 36 hours and also Experienced the same issue.
They checked and reloaded latest software and appeared to be as per spec.
As a final result they raised a trouble ticket with Mazda who have responded !
Seems this is not a fault but part of the safety system on the car. Check out I-Activesense ‘ distance and Speed Alert ‘. Seems if the computer deems you are approaching another car faster than that car is travelling , it automatically cuts the fuel to reduce likelihood of collision !
Check out car manual 4-115 and 4-116.

You can turn this off according to the handbook. Think I might try to bring the fun back to driving !

I’m going to ring Mazda directly myself to double check. Keep you posted.

mike
Thanks for the reply Mike! It explains a lot. It was rather in a situation when I was close to another car so it could really be the reason. I will test it without i-Activesense activated. Kind Regards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problems happy to expand on my findings.
Just spoke to Mazda uk and they are saying the same thing.
I’ve got at Sport Lux X in manual.
Will try with it off fo4 a couple of days then with it on. See what happens !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually I saw several posts around that on French forums, and that seems to disappear after you put more miles on the engine. People are saying that have that issue on the brand new car and that it slowly goes away and totally disappear after about 5000 miles...
Is your car band new?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah that’s interesting. Yes Brand news currently only 700 miles on clock.
Thanks for information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I saw several posts around that on French forums, and that seems to disappear after you put more miles on the engine. People are saying that have that issue on the brand new car and that it slowly goes away and totally disappear after about 5000 miles...
Is your car band new?
This sounds interesting …. I bought my car in March, it has already ~5k kilometer.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
56 Posts
If you are ever interested I found a decent company that has made to order accessories. I ordered and fitted a rear Diffusor and it was brillant quality. I certainly would recommend.

Yes, lots of interesting stuff, I like the Kenstyle steering wheel, might be a nice replacement, I'm not fond of the skinny steering wheels Mazda uses across their lines. I replaced my steering wheel on my Miata with a GuardianDesigns wheel, not cheap but wonderful quality and completely bespoke. Sunvigor kind of reminds me of a Japanese company Rev9, they have a lot of unique and great quality items but the sticker shock!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts