Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the second time in the 7 months that I have had my 2020 CX30, the fuse has blown for the lift gate. This time, it occurred when I was manually carefully closing it because I wanted to make sure something in the back wasn’t in the way. I don’t remember the circumstance the first time. In any case, I find it hard to believe that it is so sensitive. Can one not close the lift gate manually? Anyone else have a similar experience.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
If you've not seen it, you may want to peruse this thread and see if it aplies:

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
765 Posts
Franny, please add the model to your vehicle info, as not all models have power liftgates, it helps everyone answer your comments or questions better with this info.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the second time in the 7 months that I have had my 2020 CX30, the fuse has blown for the lift gate. This time, it occurred when I was manually carefully closing it because I wanted to make sure something in the back wasn’t in the way. I don’t remember the circumstance the first time. In any case, I find it hard to believe that it is so sensitive. Can one not close the lift gate manually? Anyone else have a similar experience.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As it turns out, the same thing happened to me as someone else. There should be a 25A fuse for the lift gate as per the manual. My vehicle had a 15A fuse. I asked the dealer to use a 25A and he complied. I suspect that will be the end of my problem. We will see over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts