Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm new to this forum. (I'm also new to Mazda!)

I'm trying to decide between the Preferred and Premium. My only reason for the Premium would be for the Polymetal Gray color and the adaptive headlights.

The only thing holding me back is the power liftgate on the Premium. I have a strange fear it will break. This fear isn't based on reviews, complaints, recalls, etc. Just paranoid one day I'll need to open/close the trunk, and it won't open/close.

Wanted to get some thoughts from you all about the durability of the power liftgate. Also, is it possible to convert the power liftgate to manual?

I plan to keep the vehicle a while if I bought it, so the durability is on my mind. I've driven my current car for 19 years!

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
72 Posts
The power liftgate on this car is one of its more useless features, and one I'd give up in a heartbeat for something like cooled seats. Any power liftgate that does not open with a kick or proximity sensor makes no sense. I walk up to my car with my hands full of grocery bags and...put them down on the ground so I can either press the button on the remote or touch the release button on the liftgate? And then I have to wait for it to go up? A manual is the best solution here in that case, since I had to put the bags down anyway. I don't like parking right close to the store, so opening the gate before I leave the store is not an option, and if you are using a cart, there's still no purpose of the remote liftgate over the manual one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power liftgate on this car is one of its more useless features, and one I'd give up in a heartbeat for something like cooled seats. Any power liftgate that does not open with a kick or proximity sensor makes no sense. I walk up to my car with my hands full of grocery bags and...put them down on the ground so I can either press the button on the remote or touch the release button on the liftgate? And then I have to wait for it to go up? A manual is the best solution here in that case, since I had to put the bags down anyway. I don't like parking right close to the store, so opening the gate before I leave the store is not an option, and if you are using a cart, there's still no purpose of the remote liftgate over the manual one.
Totally agree, and to be clear, I don't need or want the power liftgate :). I would only be getting the premium for the polymetal gray and adaptive lights. But since that will come with the power liftgate, I'm trying to get a better sense of the durability of it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
wouldn't just removing the fuse for it, put it in manual mode - just a thought, I don't have the feature or have owned any vehicle with one.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
62 Posts
I’ve had power liftgates on my last three vehicles (as has my wife) and have never had any issue with them. I believe you can manually open it if something prevented it from doing so electrically. My previous cars would allow me to open and close when the battery was dead or I had unintentionally stopped the movement with my hand. I wouldn’t be concerned . I like the option of the two closing buttons for closing, one just closes the liftgate and the other closes the liftgate and locks the doors.

I love all the little things the Premium trim adds although I would have liked heated mirrors and steering wheel. I also added the Homelink rear view mirror. I love the Polymetal color with the white interior. I‘ve had the car a year now and like it more than any car I’ve ever owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts